Chapter 17: My Father and His Goonies

Start from the beginning

"Help me..." It came out lower than I'd expected. Shane smiled and nipped at my ear.

"What's wrong, you don't want me?" Shane looked down at me and grinned down at me. He shook his head and went back to my neck. Cassian was still thrashing to get out of the chains, but there was something that was too hard for him to do for once.

~Keith's P.O.V.~

"Keith, something's happened to them," my mother whispered as I sighed. I bit my lip as I scanned my phone.

"You're overreacting, mother. They're probably just out somewhere." My mother shook her head and wrapped her arms around herself, shivering gently. I ran my fingers through my black hair, looking at the ground. What if something had happened to Chris? I could never live with myself if I didn't try to help.

"I'll go check at her house, then I'll go after her if I find any 'clues.'"

I ran my hand over the door of the house and pushed on it. The door opened immediately, which was surprising. The lights were off, and the house was dark as could be. Though, it was getting dark outside, I didn't mind. I was used to the dark, being more of a night person. I pushed at the light switch, but it didn't ignite.

I nearly tripped over a cord, and then I found it. There was something bright and yellow on the floor. It was the only thing visible in the house. I picked it up and took out my phone, flipping it up and pressing it close to the writing on the thing. It read '402 Herbert, the Lab.'

I knew where I was going. I headed out and hopped into my black car. The engine roared and hissed as I floored the peddle. What were they doing with Chris? And where the hell was her family?

~Chris's P.O.V.~

I panted as Shane's hands moved over my body. I didn't want this. "Get off..." I attempted, but I knew nothing would work. All I could do was lie there, and let him do what he wanted. Cassian couldn't bare to watch. His eyes were grasped shut. I swore I could hear his heart beating from over here, but it may have been me.

I yelped as my shirt came off. My hope that someone would come and save me went away. I only bit my lip, and let Shane take me. His hands moved over my chest as he snapped away my liner. He pressed down and kissed me, though I turned my head so his lips collided with my cheek instead. That made him mad, which wasn't a good thing. His hand bounced off of the side of my face, and tears filled my eyes as I yelled once more.

Shane's lips pressed to my chest, and he began to do things to me that a brother shouldn't have done. Just when I thought he was going to go farther, the door opened and a black haired boy stepped in. "Hey! Get the fuck off of her, asshole!"

Keith stepped forward and grasped Shane by the back of his hair. He hissed and threw the boy off of me. I shivered as Shane hit the wall. How had he found me... How had he found...us?

Keith took a step towards Cassian and untied his arms and legs before Shane could get back up. He was butt-naked, which wasn't an advantage at all. Keith let his leg extended and connected with Shane's crotch. The boy doubled over and groaned as he hit the floor face-first.

My heart beat uncontrollably. I couldn't breathe at all. My wrists were bloody from my constant trying to get out. Keith looked at me with sympathy, though I felt uncomfortable. I was naked in front of him, which made me turn red. "You all right?" He whispered. I didn't answer.

Cassian stepped forward and began to untie the tight knots that held me. My eyes met his tan once as the ropes cut from my arms. The bed was stained with my maroon blood, showing the evidence that I'd been struggling. My ankles bore deep gaps, a stench coming as I shook continuously. I took glances at my brother several times. "Come on, we've got to go, quickly~"

I couldn't speak at all. My words had been lost. Maybe I was still in shock? I shivered as Cassian wrapped his long arms around me, "come love. I'll help you."

"Carry her, damn it!" Keith hissed, glancing out of the large door that held us inside of the room. I wondered what had happened to my father and his goonys.

Cassian grunted and pulled me into a cradle in his arms. My wrists and ankles burned, but I didn't mind. Cassian's arms were wonderfully warm. I wasn't the most important right now, though. We had to find Evyn and my mother.

"Momma..." I whispered, looking around.

"She and Evyn are fine. They're already in the car. Come on, it's all right," Keith said, throwing in a small smile. I believed him.

~Malinda's P.O.V.~

I ran my fingers over Evyn's small head. He had a small bruise on his left cheek, which scared me. The urge to hurt those criminals for touching my child erupted high within me. It upset me that his own father had hurt him. He'd near know that man.

I didn't know where Shane or Christine were, but I was getting worried. I'd called 911, and told them where we were. They were on their way and I was glad.

The car sounded and the doors pushed open. The sudden sound caused Evyn to burst into tears. I tensed as a young girl was placed beside me. Her green eyes met my own as she let a slight smile form across her dry lips.

I shushed Evyn and stared at my daughter as she closed her sea eyes. We were safe and sound again...or so I thought.

Two shots fired loudly. It sounded as if it were right outside the door. I heard a soft thud, and silence struck the midnight air once more.