Chapter 16: I Know Where They Are

~Chapter 16: I Know Where They Are~

~Unknown's P.O.V.~

Who did they think they were? These people. These....Animals. The television shined bright and the news came on. "We've got them, boss." I grinned as a familuar face came onto the television.

"Murderer Edward Dwight has escaped from prison. He's said to have taken with him Serial killer Harold Black and former assassin, Lyle Butler. More news on what is suspected to have happened coming up next." The screen went blank.

"Goon, because we haven't much time."

~Cassian's P.O.V.~

I glanced at the door a number of times. It was nearly the middle of the say, and I hadn't heard a world from Chris, which worried me. I stole another glance. Nothing. "Cass, why don't you call the girl and stop waiting for her?" I blushed and nodded, twisting around on my heels and making my way to the phone. I picked it up and dialed Chris's number, pressing the phone gently to my ear.

"Hello?" A man's voice answered. It was grim, and rough. The man sounded as if he'd smoked two packs a day. It was no voice that I'd heard before. I pulled the phone back and gazed at it as if the man was going to jump out of the phone. I pressed it back to my ear.

"Who is this?" The man let out a loud chuckle, then a scream came from farther away. Then several more came. In a moment, there was a loud sound and everything went quiet. The phone went dead, and the only sound in my ear was the buzzing of nothingness. My heart pounded. Something had happened...Something bad had happened.

"Something's wrong with Chris." I whispered as Jewel came down the stairs. She stopped dead and tilted her head to the side, as if she didn't understand what I was saying.

"I'm sure she's fine, C-"

"No she's not!" I yelled, looking at the woman. She winced gently. I'd just got my Christine, I wasn't planning on losing her just yet, let alone ever. I grabbed my coat and headed out.

~Christine's P.O.V.~

I twisted my hands together as my phone sounded loud. My eyes were covered by a thick, cotton cloth. I couldn't see anything. Before I could do anything, a hand reached into my pocket and snagged the phone. "Hello?" The man mumbled. I knew that voice, but why couldn't I place it.

I screamed in protest as something hit me hard in the stomach. I coughed as the thing slashed at me repeatedly. Screams filled the room, then I heard something hit the ground. Cries from a baby filled the room, and I thrashed around to get free. They could hurt me, but not my little brother.

"Christine? Chris!" I heard my mother's voice and shivered. I wanted to call out to her, but my mouth was paralyzed with fear. I clenched my eyes closed, though I already couldn't see. It was no use keeping them open when all I saw was black. Dark, dark black.

"Come on, shut that thing up. I don't want no one getting all suspicious about us here." I heard a man yell, then footsteps sounded. The crying stopped instantly. My heart pounded. What had they done to my little brother? Was I going to get out of this place, or was it the end of my days? Questions raced through my head one after the other.

"Come here!" The man yelled. I knew this one's voice. I knew it for sure.

"Daddy?" I whispered. The man stopped talking, as I heard my mothers cries to be let go. He chuckled and a thud sounded on the ground. My mother's cries grew silent. The man pulled his hand around my head and untied the cloth that was covering my eyes. He smiled at me.

"Hi there, sweetie. How's my daughter?" I stared at him in disbelief. Not that I loved my father anymore. He'd taken away the one thing that mattered to me. Now, he was trying to take the only people that loved me this time.

"Why are you doing this, daddy..." I whispered, letting my eyes flutter as tears stung them. I looked down at the ground, daring not to look into the dreadful man's eyes.

"This woman wants to divorce me! Can you believe this?" My father laughed loudly and threw his head back. My hands were bound tightly behind my back. My ankles were tied together. The only thing I could move was my head.

"...Where's Evyn? Where's my baby brother?" I stared up at the man. He laughed.

"Don't worry, he's just being...tested, to see if we keep him or pitch him. I don't believe this rag of filth when she says that's my kid," he pointed down at my mother, whom was weeping on the ground.

"Don't call her that! She has twice the balls you've ever h-"

"How dare you, little girl," he took out a gun and pressed it to my forehead, "you should never talk to your father that way. Naughty, naughty. What shall be do with you? Your boyfriend is already dead....Thank goodness."

My heart grew cold. I didn't care anymore. If I was going to die, it would be right here, right now. If I died, I'd be up in heaven with Simon and my Hell would end. I was living in a Never Ending Hell, and I couldn't do anything but endure the fact.

"Are you really going to kill me, father?" I smiled, looking up at the man. "Come on, do it now!"

"I..." He mumbled, pulling the gun back down to his side. He took a deep breath and sighed.

The other man came in, and his voice sounded. I remembered his voice from earlier. "Sir, he's yours. What should I do with the thing?" I winced as he called my baby brother a thing. He was anything but that. He was sweet and gentle, and he was a good baby when he wanted to be. I knew it.

"I don't know! Do something with it, I'm busy right now, Black!" The man nodded quickly and ran into the other room once more. The room we all stood in was run down, and gray all around. The floors were concrete, and the windows were bullet proof, obviously. My mother was lying on the ground behind my father, still sobbing and cowering. Shane wasn't anywhere to be found.

"Where's Shane?" I whispered. As if called by his name, Shane walked out from the door that Black had disappeared through. My jaw dropped. My own brother...He...

"Yes yes, he was working for me all along. Stop looking so surprised." My father laughed and threw himself down in his chair. He gazed at Shane. "Now, that's a true Dwight. Living up to his father. You're a great kid, you know that Shawn?"

"Shane..." He mumbled.

"Who gives a fuck what your name is, kid!" He yelled. Shane flashed our father a grin and took a seat beside him. I stared at him in awe. Though my brother had tried to do such horrible things to me, I still loved him. He hadn't killed anyone, or hurt anyone...Or so I thought. He'd just...He was my big brother, and always would be.

"Shane...Why..."

He let out a snigger, "why? Because of you. Always getting what you want from mommy. Getting sent away when your little boyfriend gets killed," he scoffed, "I loved you."

I couldn't help but giggle. My father let his lips curl into a smile. He stared at me. "Which is why you're going to have a baby by him." My eyes widened at the statement. My nose stuck into the air slowly. What the hell was this dude talking about? Where they high? What kind of drugs were they taking? Maybe they needed to be put in an insane asylum.

"Come on, up you go."

"Get off of me!" I screamed as loud as I could as my father's arms wrapped around me. I couldn't fight against him, but I would never let this happen. I bit him as hard as I can, but there was only a curse that escaped from his mouth.

~Cassian's P.O.V.~

I glared at the house. It was pitch black. I stepped forward and pushed the door open slowly. It let out a loud creak and slammed into the wall. I reached for the light switch and flicked it up, but nothing happened. The room remained the same darkness as it was. "Chris? Baby?" I whispered, walking forward.

No one was home. I looked around slowly. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. "Christine...Where are you?" It wasn't only weird that Chris was gone, but the fact that her whole family was gone was even worse. I bit my lip and wheeled around to find myself face to face with a woman.

"I know where they are."