6

When the two boys got to Dipper's room, Bill found himself surprised at how much the room had changed over the years.

I mean, sure, it had been almost five years since he last saw it but still.

For one, Mabel's presence in the room was no longer known. The room appeared to be completely Dipper's room.

Posters no longer scattered the walls. Just pictures of friends and family. There was a bookshelf on the side of the room that used to be Mabel's as well as a desk with a computer. How Dipper used the books or the computer was beyond Bill, he decided not to question Dipper about it.

Dipper's bed was also slightly bigger going from a confined twin to a somewhat roomier full.

Dipper set his backpack in his desk chair, taking off his hoodie and hat, setting them on the desk, draping the hoodie over the computer.

"So, this is my super interesting room," Dipper said, blindly gesturing around him with both arms.

"You can sit wherever." He added. He sat down on his bed, laying back until he was laying on his bed with his arms outstretched to either side.

Bill sat down on the bed next to him.

"Tired?" Bill asked.

"Yeah. Not seeing is exhausting." Dipper joked. Bill frowned. For someone who seemed to dislike the fact that he had lost his sight, Dipper joked a lot about it. Maybe it was a coping mechanism? Bill wasn't sure.

"So, what do you do for fun?" Bill asked.

"Fun?" Dipper said, sounding somewhat confused.

"Yeah, fun. Like..." Bill struggled to think of something a human would find fun.

"Like playing ball, or hide and seek, or flying one of those kite things," Bill said. Dipper laughed.

"Wow, your idea of fun sounds like what a five-year-old would like," Dipper said.

Bill wanted to argue that his actual idea of fun was more akin to something a psychopath would do, but he kept his mouth shut.

"Well, I don't know what you do," Bill said.

"All those things require eyes or seeing eyes at least," Dipper said.

"Ok, how about this. What do you do in your spare time?" Bill asked, rephrasing his previous question.

"Well...nevermind. You're going to think it's stupid." Dipper said.

"No I won't. Just tell me Mason Jar." Bill said.

"I...What do you know about supernatural beings?" Dipper asked.

Bill glanced over at Dipper wearily, trying to pick his next words carefully.

"Like ghosts and demons and stuff?" Bill said.

"Yeah. But more than that." Dipper said, "What do you know about the history of this town?"

"I know there was a big thing that happened a couple of summers ago. I heard rumors about it anyway. Something to do with a demon or something." Bill lied. Dipper nodded then sat up and walked over to the bookshelf on the other side of the room. He felt along the shelf until he pulled out, what looked to be a dark blue scrapbook.

"The demon was a dream demon. His name was Bill Cipher. It happened the first summer my sister and I moved here. He found a way to create a rift between his world and ours. He called it Weirdmageddon. My family and I stopped him, but he had one final act of revenge." Dipper said.

"What did he do?" Bill asked. Dipper looked up and somehow managed to meet Bill's eyes.

That's when it hit Bill.

Pine Tree...

is blind...

because of me?

"Oh..." Was all Bill managed.

"You probably think I'm crazy," Dipper said, laying back down on his bed.

"No, no. I believe you... it's just crazy to think a demon is the reason why you're blind." Bill said.

Bill felt strange. He had never felt this feeling before, something like guilt. Or maybe sympathy. Both feeling the demon had never felt before. Be blamed it on the nausea he had felt earlier, as it had not calmed down. He refused to acknowledge the new feelings. He was a demon! He didn't have feelings! Or emotions!

"You know, I don't know why...but I trust you, ya know? It's just strange. I haven't trusted anyone really since before I lost my sight." Dipper said.

"Kind of like...blind trust..." Bill joked. Dipper let out a single, near-silent laugh and cracked a smile.

"Yeah. Exactly." Dipper said.

"I...feel the same way..." Bill lied. Dipper smiled even more. Bill didn't want to admit it but he liked Dipper's smile. He imagined that the boy didn't smile that often, he almost wanted to preserve the memory.

Bill thought for a moment, then grabbed Dipper's phone off the end table.

"Can you turn your phone off blind mode for a minute? I want to try something." Bill asked. Dipper looked at him confused but took the phone that Bill pressed into his hand and touched the screen for a few seconds before it lit up. Dipper handed the phone back to Bill.

Bill scrolled through it for a minute, trying to find something specific.

He finally found it, clicking on the app, opening it instantly.

Bill awkwardly raised the phone, so that the camera caught both him and Dipper.

"Hey Mason Jar?" Bill prompted.

Dipper looked over in Bill's direction, sitting up slightly.

"Yeah?" Dipper said, slightly confused.

"Can you smile for me?" Bill asked. Dipper gave a sort of half-smile.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because you have a cute smile Mason Jar," Bill said, surprising both himself and Dipper. Both of their faces went pink.

Dipper tried to play it off, laughing slightly.

Bill smiled and snapped the picture.

As Bill looked at the picture, he almost wished he had a phone of his own, so he could see the picture. He would have just summoned himself a phone, but with his human body, he had limited powers. And he had spent most of his power today changing his schedule and summoning the truck. Not to mention, he still had that sick uneasy feeling he had felt when he first entered the house. So instead, Bill attempted to burn the picture into his mind.

"Aren't you a flirt," Dipper said.

"I try," Bill said, casually.

Dipper laughed.

"Well, I'm pretty sure if I lay here any longer I'm going to drift off, so either you take me to the store so I can buy some caffeine or you can let me take a nap," Dipper said.

"What about that vending machine downstairs?" Bill asked. Of course, he knew it was the entrance to the secret basement in the mystery shack, but he was supposed to act as if he knew nothing, as to Dipper, he was William Picher, not Bill Cipher.

"It doesn't work. Plus, I'm a teenager in high school, the caffeine in those drinks isn't strong enough for me. I need an energy drink." Dipper said.

Bill laughed.

"Come on, I'll drive you down to the store," Bill said, offering his hand for Dipper.

Dipper stood, taking Bill's hand and went out of the house to Bill's truck. The two boys going to the store together. For a moment, but only for a single moment, Bill didn't push his new feelings and emotions to the side.