16

Dipper awoke to Mabel shaking his shoulder.

He sat up quickly, looking around the room for a minute, then meeting Mabel's gaze.

"What time is it?" Dipper asked.

"A little after three pm." Mabel said.

"Is he...awake?" Dipper asked.

"No, but Ford said his vitals are stabilizing and he should be waking up soon. I thought you might want to be there before he wakes up." Mabel said. Dipper nodded and got up. Mabel stepped out while he got dressed.

Once he was dressed he stepped out of his room. Mabel was waiting outside for him and the two of them walked down to Ford's lab.

Dipper had more time to look around and appreciate the fact that he could see again. He saw pictures lining the walls of the hallways, most of which were of different members of the household all smiling in the direction of the camera while Dipper was looking in completely the wrong direction. 

"You know, you guys could have told me I was facing the wrong way." Dipper pointed out a particular bad picture where he had his back to the camera.

"Where's the fun in that?" Mabel asked, "Plus, we thought that if you ever got your sight back you might find it funny."

Dipper smiled slightly.

"It is a bit funny." He admitted. Mabel smiled.

"That one isn't as bad as the one in the livingroom. You can see you facing some other families camera." Mabel said. Dipper almost laughed.

"I'll have to check that out later." Dipper said as they began to approach the entrance to Ford's lab.

Mabel nodded and the two of them walked in.

Ford was hunched over a table watching what appeared to be Bill's vitals on a laptop.

Dipper noticed Bill at the other end of the room, his arms and legs strapped to the table he was laid out on.

"Any changes?" Dipper asked.

"His brain waves seem more active, which is generally a sign the body is trying to wake up. For some reason I'm finding no signs of magic. I never got to see what his brain waves looked like in his human form, so it's possible that he doesn't show signs of his demon magic in this body but I still find it strange nonetheless." Ford explained. Dipper just nodded and approached the unconscious Bill.

He examined the boy that lay before him. His yellowish hair and tanned skin. He looked so...normal...it made it hard for Dipper to believe this same person who wanted to destroy the universe only 5 years earlier. Not to mention the one who caused his blindness.

No...that was Tad...Bill was the one who got me my sight back...and who knows what he gave up just to get it back for me... Dipper thought.

Dipper still couldn't figure out why he would do that for him. Surely Bill didn't actually care for him? Right?

Bill had, in fact, kissed him, and even admitted that Dipper made him feel different about humans and that he wanted Dipper to trust him. Dipper still wasn't sure if he did. Bill did lie to him. Though Dipper was sure that if Bill had told him who he was really in the first place, Dipper wouldn't of trusted him either.

Dipper just stared at Bill, unsure of how to feel. He decided he'd wait to figure that out after he talked to Bill.

Dipper honestly wished he was still blind to the truth. He preferred living in ignorant bliss, but he knew he was long passed that now. And there was no sense on thinking too much on the past.

Dipper looked back at Ford and Mabel, both of which were watching him and Bill.

Dipper looked back and noticed Bill's eyes begin to open.

Dipper wasn't sure what to say.

Did he act relieved that Bill was alive?

Did he act mad that Bill lied to him?

Bill slowly tried to sit up but found himself bound to the table. He looked around until he noticed Dipper, fear evident in Bill's eyes.

"Bill, how are you feeling?" Ford asked over a speaker in the room. Bill didn't answer for a moment, then he looked past Dipper seeing Ford and Mabel.

"Um...well, I'm a bit tired. And my head hurts..." Bill answered, his tone was strained and sounded confused.

Dipper wasn't sure what to do. He was frozen in place, unable to speak, unable to move.

"Before you get any ideas Bill, the room has been secured. There's no way for you to leave unless I disturb the barrier keeping you in here. So don't think about trying any of your demon tricks." Ford said over the speaker.

"Um...ok." Bill answered after a moment. He looked around the room as though nothing was familiar to him. Which made sense, since he had never been in this room. But something nagged at the back of Dipper's mind.

He should have said something to me by now. If I really did mean anything to him. Unless he's frozen like me. Dipper thought.

"Dipper, are you alright? Can you perform the tests? Do you want me to send Mabel in." Ford asked.

Dipper locked eyes with Bill again, searching for something, anything, but found nothing but confusion.

"Somethings not right..." Dipper said.

"What do you mean?" Ford asked.

"I...somethings wrong Ford..." Dipper said.

Dipper looked back at Ford with panic in his eyes.

It couldn't be true. Tad didn't...

Dipper looked back at Bill.

"Bill...do you know who I am?" Dipper asked slowly.

Bill thought for a moment, then frowned.

"Can't say that I do...honestly...I'm not even really sure I can remember anything..." Bill said.

Dipper stood there, completely frozen, unable to comprehend what was going on. It couldn't be true...

Tad had taken Bill's memories.

>>>>>>
Duh duh duuuuuh!

Wow, such drama, much angst!

Will Bill ever get his memories back!?

Ok...I'm done now, enough with the drama lines. Anyway, here's the chapter, sorry for the long waits. This book is almost over, not exactly sure how I'm going to end it but we'll see I guess.

Hope you enjoyed, hopefully the wait wont be long for the next chapter.