Surfing the wind

Wendy pov.
I stared out the temple island, sister was getting better. I clutched the book Scarlett had given me.
"Why doesn't she get the burns healed." Asami asked, they didn't get. It was sisters way of remembering. I was quite mad when I found that they had healed her.
"It's her way of remembering. Keeping the past close" I said. I had read her book. The one she wanted me to have. All her theory's, and knowledge she had gathered over the years. I took a deep breath in, then left. I walked slowly back to my room. I had already formed a plan, but now I had a different purpose. Checking to make sure no one followed me I ducked into my room. I pulled out the surfboard. I had tried this before, only it didn't work because I was missing something. Today was a slow day, so it was easy to sneak over to the meditating area. Placing the surfboard down I glanced at aangs statue. His guidance would help me. I took another deep breath in. It would be just like riding a skateboard. Perhaps I could I find a skate board here to use. I closed my eyes and focused on my feelings. The sensation of wind in my face, the feeling of freedom, I was no longer running from someone but to them. I felt the wind in my face, the cool morning air on my nose. The smell of ocean and mist. I opened my eyes, I was on the water. A smile split my face as I skimmed the water. A friend of mine once said that over coming pain was like climbing a mountain. It was a hard struggle, but once you reached the top of that mountain the sun shined on all the land. It had taken a long time, but I had finally reached my peak. I leaned forward, urging, wanting to go faster. And so I did. The wooden surfboard, was a lot lighter then before, so I started doing tricks. My lips felt dry as I raced along the water line. My heart was racing, for I was surfing on the wind.

It wasn't until sundown that I crashed. But other then that I had maintained my balance. I placed my board under the mediating hut. No one would find it unless they looked really hard. I air bended all the water out of my outfit, then walked out into the courtyard.
" so where have you been" I froze then glanced at tenzin, who stared at me accusingly.
"Swimming" I said uncertainly. Tenzin sighed, then raised an eyebrow. "Well atleast I didn't say looking for the bath room" I muttered under my breath. I had always thought air benders to be nice, but I had realized they were more of gentle giants. If we wanted to, we could take over the world. Scarlett made many points on this in her book.
"All right, just stay closer to home" he said, then walked away. I began to read the book again. The red lotus were right to want her back.

This chapter is for all those suffering depression or a loss, it does get better. I really have enjoyed righting this story and hope that all of you have too.