The Kaishi

The world was hazy, yet clearer then anything were the words run way. So taiyang was warning me. My whole body ached. I hated when she did the take over, not to mention she did it at the worst time possible. As my vision cleared I got a better view of my surroundings. I was back on air temple island, the sky was as bright as korra's eyes. I was suddenly aware of a new presence in the room. Turning my head slowly I saw Wendy reading a book. She looked tense, that meant I was in more trouble. At least it wasn't as bad as ba sing sa.

"How long was I out" I managed to croak. Most people would rush up and give me a hug, but we had a tight system for this sorta thing. She smiled, looking relived and less tense.

"About two days, three if you count the possession." She said, I frowned. That was not good, yet why did the red lotus not try to kill me then.

"Something is wrong, tell me" I asked, she pursed her lips together.

"No one is really happy about what happened. Some of the members even wanted to take the necklace off. They almost did before general iroh stepped in. To be honest I think he knows something. You have at least three attempts on life so far. The avatar has something to tell you but I have no idea what it is" she said, something seemed different about her, she seemed more open. I was going to push it but... I put on a smile, Wendy smiled back, then pressed a small tile into my hand.

"I found it. Mako says you have done terrible things. He says that the red lotus made you work for them. As much as I don't like the thought of you working for them... I know it must have been hard with me as a burden, so I don't blame you" she avoided my eyes. This was the reason I never told her. I squeezed her hand hard.

"You were never a burden. I had to deal with cards I was given, but you were never a burden. With out you I wouldn't have had the will to live, to survive" I said, her grey eyes shinned, but before she could say anything the door opened. Korra, tenzin, and some other man I didn't know walked in. I followed the man I didn't know, there was something similar about him. I tucked the red lotus tile down my sleeve.

"You have a lot of explaining to do" tenzin said. It seems he was not happy.

"About what" I asked, trying not to be sarcastic. Yet it seemed he took it that way.

"You know what" he said, but before I could say anything the other man spoke up.

"taiyang, he wants to know about taiyang" I filched and stared at him. Wendy rubbed her hands together. So this was iroh. As much as I want to pull on a straight face all I could do was stare.

"How do you know that" I asked, surprised at the shock in my voice.

"Four element, four sources, four spirits that are masters of each one. The moon, the sun, the mountains and the wind. One day a group of people dragged the sun spirt into a necklace. Only those with great power could wear it, fewer could control it. One hundred souls are needed to return the sun spirt to her home. The previous owner was able to control the suns pore with enormous ease. Yet none of her kin could Weald it. It seems she gave her soul to the necklace. Somewhere in the past 70 years that necklace made its way to you. Yet you seem to have the strongest affinity for the necklace. Not even the previous owner could last a full hour when taiyang took over. You lasted a full day. Why" silence filled the room. I stared in shock at him. He knew as much as did. I was at a complete loss of words. Finally my head kicked into gear.

"The kaishi, I am a descendent of the earth kaishi. Aren't the royal bloodline of the fire nation descends from the fire kaishi." I said, korra and Wendy looked confused. Tenzin stared at me in shock. He would, I was something very precious. Technically my family should have been earth bender. Yet we were blessed with a child of each element. Iroh simply looked intrigued.

"If that's true, how many sub elements can you bend, and which ones" if the other three people in the room looked confused before, they looked silly after iroh asked that. So his grandfather was more open about things then the others.

"Three; lava, lightning, and hellfire" I said, iroh arched an eyebrow at the hell fire. I then remember that only five people in the history of benders have been able to bend this vicious fire. I might have a bad feeling about this iroh, but he was proving to be more helpful then I thought. I started grinning when korra told me her offer. It seems that fate was flipping my life around. Now if only I could get that ringing in my head to go away.