The bending pro

The island looked much more pretty up close. The wind whisked my hair, finishing the drying part. Wendy's grey hair look lighter then it normally did. Excitement filled her eyes, she looked... Happy. It had been a LONG time sense she was happy like that. The man turned the boat sideways, landing neatly on the side of the docks.

"Thank you... For everything" I said and handed some gold coins to him. He smiled and shook his head.

"You don't have to pay me Scarlett. It was nice to have children in the house again. You stay safe ok" he told me, then drove away in his boat. I was shock, why did he not want money. It was truly paradoxing. Wendy grabbed my hand.

"Come on, let's gooo!" She said pulling me away from the docks. We ran past several members of the white lotus. My heart thumped a little in my chest.

"Slow down Wendy, let's find the master" I said, looking for some one important. Wendy yelped and leaped behind me.

"What is THAT" she said pointing to a large white dog.

"It's a polar bear dog, I said trying not to laugh at her reaction. Her head tilted slightly.

"Can we see it?" She asked. I glanced around, no one was around...

"Sure, let's go" I said. The dog looked my way as we got closer, her tail waving from side to side. Wendy held out her hand, letting the dog sniff it. She was very good with animal. The dog gave her the ok, and Wendy launched into a petting frenzy. A small fire ferret appeared on top of the dogs head, sniffing at Wendy, then licked her nose. She smiled and patted the ferret on the head.

"Here papu" a males voice carried across the courtyard. I turned to see a teenager walking towards us. He had coal black hair and green eyes. Walking next to him was another teenager, she too had black hair and bright green eyes. The fire ferret named papu ran to him. He looked at us with a bit of curiosity.

"Hi, my name is bolin, this is opal, the ferret is papu, and the polar bear dog is named naga." He smile was short and sweet. Wendy took his hand,

"My name is Wendy hearthen. This is my older sister Scarlett. It's nice to meet you" she said, oddly open. It normally took her a while to warm up to people. The dog named naga got up and walking over to a group of three. In the middle was a dark skinned girl with sky blue eyes. The dog went to her first. On her right was a light skinned woman with raven hair and grainy green eyes. She was very pretty. The male next to to dark one had starting yellow eyes and coal black hair. Wendy was less sure of these new people.

"Bolin, who's this." The light skinned woman asked. There was a hidden tension between the three, even if they couldn't see it.

"Hi asami, this is Wendy and Scarlett." Asami smiled at us. The other two were less friendly.

"This is korra, mako and as bolin said I'm asami." Korra... I wanted to ask if she was the avatar, but Wendy beat me to it.

"Are you the avatar, I'm a big fan of yours. Your a hero" I had forgotten that Wendy was a fan of her. I was a tiny bit afraid that this would bother her, yet it seemed to make her happy.

"Scarlett" I said, reaching out my hand. She looked tired.

"Korra" someone called, a man with a long beard and blue tattoos. Wendy slowly moved behind me. She did not like older people. The man walked up to the little convention we were having. He looked at me with questioning eyes.

"Hi, I'm Scarlett, my sister wants to train with you. She wishes to be an air bender." Some people liked it when I was right to the point.

Where are your parents," he asked, hitting a sore point.

"Dead, killed in the chaos, we have no home, nothing to return to. This is our last chance."