𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

 LAYA'S P

LAYA'S P.O.V.

Rafael had gone to interrogate
Dr. Saltzman with Landon on the subject of Alaric ignoring the Phoenix. I offered to go, but Raf insisted he would be fine. I was simply happy he was okay. My classes had already ended, and I watched the younger students play Wickery through my window.

"Laya! I got a problem!" Josie Saltzman exclaimed bulldozing through my door. "What's up, Jo?" Before the witch could respond, a raspy voice speaking in a different language erupted from the halls, students murmuring to themselves fearfully at the voice.

Josie held her pointy finger up, signaling for me to wait whilst she headed out of the room. "Um..."

Josie pulled an older Asian man into my room, the man clad in an ornate helmet, and samurai armor. "Who is that?" I questioned. "Long story. Short version? He's a Samurai/Demon Hunter who lost his oni, and the only way we can kill it is with his demon-banishing sword before it carries off Landon into Malivore, and Lizzie won't help. Can you come?"

After the very not short explanation, Josie finally took in a breath. "Well, I suppose I have nothing better to do seeing as Raf is with Landon." Josies face brightened, "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!" The Saltzman cheered as she rushed me into a hug.

The Samurai chuckled knocking his head before pointing to me. He said somethings in Japanese before saying one word that stuck out to me. "Kurutta," he knocked on his head again, pointing to me. "He's talking about me, isn't he? He's calling me crazy."

That would never not hurt, being called crazy. "No. No, he's talking about the oni. It possesses people, makes 'em act crazy." Josie tried to fix the words of the Samurai. I let out an sigh, "Should I bring the twins?"

"All of the help we can get, the better." The students who had been grouping at my now opened door to see the Samurai we're getting louder. The man whipped out his blade, whirling around. Students gasped as the Samurai yelled at them chasing after the children. Josie yelled something in protest following after the man making me laugh.