𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

I looked down for a quick second from the screen when I noticed Rafael was asleep

I looked down for a quick second from the screen when I noticed Rafael was asleep. I let out a sigh and almost as if right on time my phone yelled at me. I picked it up and looked down at the message.

Hope🐲🚫
We gotta talk with Dr. Saltzman meet us at his office.

I shook Rafael gently and he groaned barely opening his eyes to take in his surroundings. "Hey I have to go talk to Hope,okay?" he sent me a curt nod and let his eyes close again. I sighed and stood up trying not wake the poor tired boy. Once out of the room I practically ran to the headmasters office.

 "You sure it glowed again?" my eyes widened as I looked down at the charcoal colored artifact

"You sure it glowed again?" my eyes widened as I looked down at the charcoal colored artifact. "You didn't tell me it glowed again!" I exclaimed. "I sleep with the damn thing under my pillow. It's hard to miss," he notched in arrow into his crossbow and aimed it at the China cabinet never pulling the trigger. "What do you think it's gonna be this time?" I looked in Hopes direction wondering the same question. "Cyclopes," I suggested "Slender man? Santa?" I laughed softly at Hope's crazy proposal.

"Well given our luck, I think it's safe to rule 'ol Saint Nick ," I shrugged "I don't know man, I mean Santa Claus is kinda terrifying when you think about it. Breaks into your home. He's sees you when your sleeping," Hope smiled at me "Not mention,judge-y,"Dr. Saltzman stepped out from behind his desk "Girls, I need you to focus," Hope through her hands in the air as an exasperated gesture. "Look, we're trying. I just wish that satans night lite would give us some rest," she exclaimed.

"Yea, I wish that knife was never in our school to begin with, but it's not like we can change that now. All we can do is make sure we're not blindsided by another monster waltzing through our doors," the door open and I looked over. Standing there were to girls, fraternal twins; Lizzie and Josie Saltzman. Lizzie looked angry but Josie stayed staring at the ground before glancing up. "Too late," I smirked at Hope.

   "Oh, God," Dr. Saltzman whispered "Uh, girls. What are you doing here? You're not supposed to get in till tonight," I stood up next to Hope sending Josie a small wave. "Mom was able to get us direct into Dulles.  Then faxed, texted, and emailed you our revised itinerary," Dr. Saltzman sighed looking down guiltily. "I'm so sorry. It's-it's chaos around here," Josie looked at her enraged sister "It's okay dad. We know that your overwhelmed, but Europe was amazing. And seeing mom was really good," the girl in beret beamed brightly.