𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

A/N: Don't play song until told too, please

Laya's p.o.v.

Everything's different now. Fictional tales of monsters, and magical creatures were brought to life by the theft of the stupid-not stupid knife. Dragons, statues, big spider's, and more came from the hole that is Malivore. My life's always been one long sad story. The Salvatore School made it better for me though, I was happy again. And then, Landon found out the truth about his mom, and bad things started to happen. Like the men sawing away at our gates. If only I would've known what my warning meant. I could've done something. Anything.

  Hope hasn't found out about my episode yet. She's been focused on Landon who's now in trouble. I promised I'd help her, even if Dr. Saltzman doesn't give me permission. I'm skipping down the halls now, my only good thoughts being of last night's events. 

I pushed the long sleek wooden door open to his office, "Dr. Saltzman!" He wasn't there, but I did find a sticky note on his desk.

I need Dorian's help.

So, if he's gone, then I don't need permission, right? I shrugged skipping back to my room too. Hope asked me to pack supplies, so that's the plan. I threw random things into a yellow backpack with painted on sunflowers. "I'm coming." I spun around to Rafael's voice.

"Hello to you, too. Uh, no your not." Rafael wasn't listening to me, "Look, last time was a disaster." I shoved the last thing, and to my bag, and zipped it close. "Except for, Hope, and I aren't gonna go alone this time. She's drafted the twins, Mg, Kaleb, we're going before Dr. Saltzman comes back, it'll be like a Super Squad assemble. I don't know, is that a thing? I'll ask Mg." I chuckled softly at my own words grabbing a picture of my brothers from under my lamp, and shoving it into my pocket.

"Yeah, I'll ask him myself." I turned around, "Raf, I know about the side effects. I'm sorry, but I can't let you go." He glared to the side crossing his arms over his chest. I felt bad for him, I know what it's like to not be able to control yourself.

I dropped my bag back onto my bed. "How do you feel now?" "How do you feel?" I stared at him coldly, and he sighed before sitting down on my bed. "Like my brain's split down the middle." I gulped knowing that feeling "I keep having these flashes like I can't control myself, and-"

"That's why your not coming on the mission." He scoffed, and I sat down in front of him. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I watched him intently seeing the pain in his eyes. "I was worried about you. Since Spring break, I've seen your episodes. I've never felt worried about someone like that, other than Landon, and the more I try to push it down, to keep it from you, and what just makes the split in my brain worse. Which makes it harder to hide. And, the only person that I want to talk about with is the one I'm terrified for."