𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

There's something I need to tell you, I just don't know how

There's something I need to tell you, I just don't know how. So to make you understand, maybe I should start from the end.

"Where the hell are we? What happened?"

"I don't know."

"But I don't think we're in Kansas anymore."

On second thought, I'll just start from the beginning. Hope knew Landon needed her, and I knew Hope needed me and at the time that's all I needed to know.

I walked behind Hope into the main room when the snores from the children comforting my anxiety about sneaking out. We crept past the snoozing children over to the long hall that led to Dr. Saltzman's office. Hope checked her compass bracelet and turned to me. 'I'll keep watch' she nodded and hesitantly stepped into the small room to get the keys. I glanced around and she stepped out of the doorway standing next to me. She held the keys up with a jingle and a smirk. I smiled softly back and followed after her to the door.

"Going somewhere?"

Hope gasped and we turned to the voice of the infamous Dr. Saltzman. "Better questions, where the hell do you think your going with my keys? And without telling me?" I turned to Hope waiting for an answer that I couldn't give. "Um, you know, I just said some really harsh things to you yesterday, and so me and Laya just wanted to get you an oil change as a peace offering," I sighed not really liking the answer she decided to give but it's not like I had one so...

"At three a.m.?" Hope looked at me and I shrugged not knowing what to say yet again. "Hope, you don't have a drivers license, neither does Laya," he glanced at me causing me to roll my eyes annoyed. "You were gonna commit grand theft auto, which is a felony. You're both ditching school right before the midterm exams begin, and you've made it very clear to me that you see me as an authority figure and nothing more. So tell me, why shouldn't I suspend you this very second," she pulled down her probably cotton gray sleeve and showed off her bracelet.

"And What is that?"

"It's basically a supernatural compass," I replied with a smirk at finally being able to answer. "Well I Hope it's pointing you to your rooms, because that's where your going," I rolled my eyes "We're going after Landon," Hope replied through gritted teeth. "If this thing is glowing that means he's in trouble," she inhaled sharply. "Then we're going, and I'm driving," I sighed and Hope turned to me with an annoyed expression causing me to laugh.

We didn't know it yet, but Landon was in Kansas looking for his mom. He had no idea what he walking into. None of us

 None of us