𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆

Dear Hope,

Dear Hope,

I'm sorry.

I've never been so sorry.

I wasn't supposed to lose you too.

I was supposed to protect you.

I don't know what happened, but I miss you.

I need you to know I miss you because I don't know what else to say. We didn't write letters to the dead because we didn't think it was necessary. They were already dead. Then, I found out you jumped in Malivore. I couldn't save you, but if I could, I'd sacrifice my own life to make sure you could live yours. So, you can be with Landon. Even though he doesn't remember you, I can feel his loneliness. It's almost as bad as mine.

It hurts to lose you.

And every day when I wake up, and accidentally wait for you at your door, it's like I lost you all over again. Now I feel dumb again, you'll never get this. Dorian says it's good to write letters, it's therapeutic. I think it's crap, but I listen to him, and Dr. Saltzman. Only because I know you'd lecture me if I didn't. That is, if you were here. We're still getting new people. More witches, and vamps then wolves. We're working on ways to change Rafael back, but it's kinda hard without you here.

Everything's hard without you here.

I miss you more than you'll ever know.

Your sister,

Laya.

Dear Hope,

It's me again, I feel like I'm becoming a lost cause. I do counseling with Emma more, and more, but they think somethings wrong with me. I'm beginning to think somethings wrong with me. There's voices in my head, they're not evil like monsters. They tell me things, helpful things. But it's scary. I've never been so scared of myself.

We still haven't found out anything on Raf, but we're working on it. There's more wolves now, that's making our pack happy. For now, while Raf is gone I've been voted interum alpha, but I still don't think they trust me like they used to. It's like everyone knows something about me that I don't even know for myself.

It's so annoying.

I wish you were here. To share the burden of being strange. I think if you were here, then at least I'd have someone who wouldn't look at me as if they were scared. I don't like that look. I hope you find a way out.

Your sister,

Laya.

Dear Hope,

I can't begin to think of what it would be like in Malivore, but I'm sure here isn't much better. Everyone's acting like everything's fine, but somethings gonna happen. Something big. It's one of those things where the voices help.

I don't mean to sound psychotic though I'm beginning to think I am. I can't wait for the day they tell me your back. I'm sure your coming back because your Hope freaking Mikaelson. Daughter of Klaus Mikaelson, the original hybrid. Me? Im sitting here writing dumb letters to people I'll probably never see again. Letters that will never be sent.

Your sister,

Laya.

Dear Marcel,

So many bad things have happened since your passing. I don't really wanna talk about it though. I just want to say I'm sorry. I've been writing that a lot lately. Mostly because it feels like I've let so many people down.

You.

Metias.

Mom.

Dad.

Hope.

Rafael.

For now, I'm done saying sorry. Emma says I need to quit punishing myself for things I can't control. I'm not punishing myself though. I'm working on forgiving myself. I need to forgive myself. So I can stop living in this utter misery. I'm tired of flashing a smile when I see people. I want my best friend back. I want you back. I want Raf back. I want Metias back.

And that won't happen.

I've never felt so helpless. You taught me how to think for myself. How to be strong, and independent, but it's so hard. It's hard feeling like all you have if yourself, even when you're surrounded by your friends. I just want peace. I want my family. And even though that will never happen, I promise I'll get better. I promise I'll fight for what's right, for my new family. Because you also taught me to be a fighter, and that's what I'll be.

Your lil lion,

Laya

Dear Metias,

I don't know what to say to you. Sorry, for killing you? Nah, that's weak. I fighting off weaknesses. I'm fighting. That's a step up. I'm learning these letters can actually be quite therapeutic. The Necromancer told me along time ago that you've found peace. I'm happy for you, hopefully I'll find it soon for myself.

Your favorite sister,

Laya.