𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

M

M.G.'s p.o.v

On my way to chemistry, I found Laya standing frozen in the middle of the corridor. Her eyes were wild with fear, but they were also distant, like she wasn't really there. "Laya?" I questioned. I waved my hand in front of her face, only a futile attempt apparently considering she's still standing there, but now she was beginning to tear up.

"Knock, knock. Anyone home?"

I could see the light bounce back into her eyes when she jumped forward. "They're coming." She whispered quietly.

"What?" She was beginning to shudder. "They're coming. They're-They're coming. I have to warn them. They're coming." I placed my hands gently onto her shoulders. "Laya, tell me who's coming." She looked up to me, like it was obvious, and a small flicker of hope flashed deep in my gut until she replied.

"They're coming, Milton. You need to go." Her eyes were bright baby blue, and she wasn't speaking in her voice. She was speaking in my mom's voice which caused a chill to run down my spine. "How'd you do that?" Her head tilted slightly to the right like she didn't understand the question.

What felt like out of nowhere, she grabbed my collar lifting me in the air. "THEY'RE COMING, MILTON. YOU NEED TO WARN THEM. YOU NEED TO LEAVE!" It was my mom's voice again, and I couldn't stop myself from shaking. Rafael darted over pulling her away from me.

"Laya What the-" "I must warn them. They're coming." Raf looked to me fear shining in his eyes, "What's wrong with her?" He whispered to which I shrugged in reply.

"Okay, Laya. I'm gonna take you to Dr. Saltzman, okay." She nodded, her eyes were big, but they were no longer blue. "Raf you gotta tell them." It sounded like she was back to normal, but when I looked to her she was crying.

"They're coming."

We got her to Dr. Saltzman's office, and then he called Emma. Emma wrapped her her in a blanket to stop her from shaking. "Okay, is a home gonna tell me what's going on?" Rafael asked. "Laya is having another episode." I stopped, What's an  episode?

"Like the one in the woods?" Ms. Tig nodded with a grim face. "Hold up, what are you not telling me?" The three turned to me, all solemn looking while Laya sat in the seat whispering the same thing over again. "Laya, is a special kind of witch. One whom under some circumstances could tell the future in some ways." I could feel my eyes bug out of my head when she fulfilled me with that information.

  "Ric, you know their coming." Dr. Saltzman's eyes got wide as he stared down at her. The fear contorted quickly  to only plain range. "I'm just trying to warn you."

"How is this possible?" Dr. Saltzman asked Emma. "It seems she's taking on the voice she believes would get the most attention for her warning." Something clicked in my head. "What if it's Triad?" They all turned to me. "They wouldn't come, they already have all the artifacts."

"I mean yeah, but  they're the only ones with enough resources to attack us, right?" Dr. Saltzman nodded slightly, "Unless there's someone else." Raf whispered.

I groaned dramatically, "If there's more people with a big hole that makes you forget things, I'm out." I looked to Rafael who was silently chiding me with his eyes. I turned back to Laya who was sitting there her eyes flashed on, and off. Blue to brown. I sat next to her taking her hand in mine. "On second thought, I need to be here for my friend." No one answered that.

We sat in the room for maybe four hours. She definitely wasn't getting any better. "Maybe, if she went to sleep it would help?" Raf suggested with a sad voice. Emma nodded staring at the girl  with anxiety laced eyes. "Maybe you two could help me get her to her room." I nodded, but before I could do anything, Raf walked over, and picked her up bridal style.

Her eyes glowed bright blue causing his to flash their werewolf gold. "You okay, man?" He nodded at me squeezing his eyes shut. When he opened them again, his eyes were brown, like Laya's. I pushed her door open to her yellow room. Raf places her gently on the bed and an unintentional smile fell onto my face. I remember the first time I met Laya, she was different when she got here.

"I'm Laya." She shoved her hand out for me to shake, which I did. She smiled brightly, and I smiled back at her. Laya had a knack for making anyone smile, just by smiling at them. "Can you show me to my room?"

Or the time at the lake.

"You wanna tell me what this is all about," she looked to me obviously pretending to be confused. "Oh come on when sunshine gets cloudy somethings wrong." She giggler at that. "But I have a feeling this isn't about Landon or Rafael or even Jed so I wanna know what this about," she stared back out at the water. "All my family died in an accident except for my older brother Marcellus or Marcel is what he would go by," I nodded feeling bad for my friend. Death was an unfortunate, but common thing for us supernatural children. "Marcel took me away from that he took me to Chicago promised me I would be safe my brother didn't believe in what they were doing here. He believed that they were treating us like freaks not letting us be normal. My brother was a werewolf by the way , anyways when Dr. Saltzman came to find us he told my brother that it would be a safe place for a 'powerful hybrid' like me. My brother laughed in his face and told him no. All Dr. Saltzman said was we will us pure force if we have to. My brother changed not on purpose though he changed by accident he was angry that would be separated. So Dr. Saltzman shot him through with his crossbow. The last thing he told me was 'Protect those who can't protect themselves ' I feel like I betrayed my brother not being able to protect Landon. Heck, I feel like I betrayed him just by being here," she stopped, and began to cry.
"If you ever miss your older brother just remember you got me," she laughed. We both stared out at the lake blankly. She leant onto my shoulder warming my soul. Laya is one of my best friend's. Witch, or not she's really cool, and really kind. "Thanks M.G."

"I'm gonna go." Raf pulled me from my memories, and I sent him a nod. I watched him step out the door. I don't know if he knows, I could hear him when he slid down the door onto the ground, and started to cry, but it was sad sounding. Everyone knew Laya, and Raf had something way more special than Laya, and Jed. Because, she loved Raf back. At first, I thought it was a hopeless crush. Then I saw them kiss outside of Hope's door, and them hold hands during spring break.

Now, listening to Raf cry about her having one of these "episodes," I knew he cared for her. And, I knew he was scared about that his girlfriend was crazy, but not as much as he was just worried.

"You know," I sat on the bed across from hers. "As your older brother, I don't know if I improve of you being a psychic." I waited for a laugh, I knew I wasn't gonna get. At least she isn't repeating those words anymore.

"Your a lot more boring to talk to when your sleeping."