𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

*edited*

The glossy mahogany felt cool under Laya's skirt sending goosebumps down her legs as Dr

The glossy mahogany felt cool under Laya's skirt sending goosebumps down her legs as Dr. Saltzman began his lecture. "Given recent events, some students have expressed concern that I am not allowing you to have a say in the decisions that affect your future. And, I agree."

Alaric finally met Laya's gaze, mildly appreciative of her calling him out. "If you are expected to abide by this school's policies, it's only fair that you have a voice in how those rules are made."

Rafael and Laya exchanged a quick smile before returning their attention to their headmaster. Laya didn't think much of it, but the simply glimpse left Rafael's mind stuck in her beautiful smile.

"So, I am forming an honor council. One vampire, one witch, and one werewolf, each elected by their peers. Along with our school counselor Emma, whose vote will represent the younger students."

Laya's eyebrows pulled into a deep furrow. Sure, she was happy to know she had actually made a difference, but what about those who didn't fit into the average supernatural standards.

What about her voice? What about Hope's?

MG spun around with a hopeful. When his face dropped, Laya followed his gaze tuning her hearing onto a pair of vampires. "MG is such a narc."

Laya wanted to say something, to defend her friend. Before she could say anything though, MG focused himself on the meeting. "Now, I have to go off campus. In the meantime, I expect you to make good decisions, and to vote wisely."

Laya sat in her seat waiting for the rest of the students to file out of the main hall, so she could take her time. Rafael leant over whispering softly, "I gotta go, okay? I'll talk to you later."

Before Laya could even respond, he was already darting out of the hallway clearly close in someone's trail. That's when Laya found Hope. Her face was stoic, and she seemed a bit angry. She was going to talk to Dr. Saltzman.

Laya quickly jumped up, heading after the girl to keep an eye on the drama. Laya was about ten feet away when Hope twisted her palm and the door to Alaric's Jeep slammed shut. "Are you kidding me?"

"Am I under assault today?" Alaric quipped.

"You get to interrogate a tree nymph, and I have to run Landon's 23andMe." Laya looked rough Dr. Saltzman waiting for any sort of explanation as to why she wasn't filled in on anything.

"First of all, its a dryad, not a nymph. Second of all, I need a witch to run the testing spells."

"Get Emma to do it," Laya told him finally deciding to speak on the matter. "She can supervise, but she's managing the school in my, I'm sure, unbearable absence." Dr. Saltzman paused before adding on, "Quit tag━teaming on me, it isn't fair."