𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

I screamed my whole body flying up, and shaking in fear

I screamed my whole body flying up, and shaking in fear. Gasping for breath, I took the chance to look around. My eyes landed on a sight I will never unsee, "Landon?" I whispered silently praying for an answer. His esophagus lie to his right and the sight of his bloody neck was terrifyingly familiar to my nightmare from a few nights before.

I stepped forward trying to get to him, but I couldn't move. Looking down I gasped at the sight of shackles wrapped tightly around hands. "Okay. Okay, Laya you got this. Come on," I whispered encouraging words to myself preparing to break free. A low growl emitted from my lips, and I screamed putting all of my force into getting out of my bindings. I couldn't do it. I could feel the tears brimming my eyes 'Hope. Hope, please I need help.' I waited for an answer until a small part of my brain felt like it was literally screaming at me.

"Hope." I knew she wouldn't be able to hear me, but my body was weak, and it was beginning to feel like my brain was enlarging and pushing onto my skull. 'Hope.' No answer. I leaned back not knowing what to do, I'm gonna die out here. Hopeless, and alone next to my best friend's dead boyfriend. Maybe I'll die in my sleep, peacefully. My eyes were getting droopy. I tried to peel them open to keep them from being shut, but I caved in, and surrendered to the darkness.

I sat next to Rafael in the main hall, a school meeting was called. My fingers naturally twiddled together in a futile attempt to stop my raving mind. I never really liked holiday's. It was always a time to remember Hey I don't have a family to go home to! I can't complain, I'm not the only one. It's just a sad reality of being supernatural.

"Alright everyone, listen up. Absolutely no one leaves campus, unless your in the custody of your guardian." Most times Dorian would take me home for holiday's. It was fun, last year he took me on a fishing trip in Texas. This year, he's leaving me behind to help find this urn.

"Now, with the full moon approaching, this rule especially applies to our wolves. Unless your a magical hybrid who can control their powers, you know the drill. Vampires to your dorms. Wolves to your bunkers." I liked to hear that Dr. Saltzman believed I had control. Although, I've had some issues with my 'capabilities' I've never had a problem on the full moon.

"Absolutely no exceptions." He used his right eye to wink at me causing me to laugh by accident. "Just because we have a cure for werewolf bites, doesn't mean they won't hurt like hell. Now, for this of you who are staying behind, we have some activities planned to ensure that your..." M.G. placed a yellow index card on the podium. "Vacation will be the..." Dr. Saltzman picked the card up to read it aloud while M.G. made a face. "... Dopest, coldest... spring break ever! Alright, here's M.G., everybody."

I laughed as Dr. Saltzman stepped down and M.G. took his place. "Are your mom and dad... dead?" My breath unintentionally hitched, but I gulped it down when I watched Rafael wrap my hands in his.