𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

I did my best to hold the fake smile as I passed along the people in the halls

I did my best to hold the fake smile as I passed along the people in the halls. My stomach was beginning to feel like it was tying itself in knots. One of those Girl Scout ones, that loop, and loop, and there's so many loops. When I pushed the door open, a small breeze slapped my face. Ms. Tig was sitting at her desk next to Dorian, both waiting for me.

"Kely!" I flinched at the name. I use to love that Dorian would call me that, but now it seems cruel, to Metias. "Hey." My voice came out a lot squeakier than I had intended it too. I don't like looking weak. "Please, sit." I pulled out the char sitting down across from the two who were staring intently at me. "Since, Emma is the counselor, but I do most of your sessions we both decided to be here." I nodded keeping my eyes on Emma.

I don't do counseling with her. I don't want too. She doesn't know me.

"First, we'd like to talk about this Hope." My teeth unintentionally latched onto my lip. "As a Prophetiae witch, we're aware some things are different for you, but it still doesn't make sense as to why you would remember this character, and we wouldn't." I snapped, she should've just said the name. "Hope! And I already told you. When we met our brains were connected. I know no more than you do. Well at least what you use to know."

"We're just trying to help." I should've known this was just gonna be Emma, and I. I had already heard her talking to Dr. Saltzman about why it was unfair for me to be counseled by Dorian and everyone else by her.

"Like you helped Rafael? Your counselings did nothing Emma. It pushed him to the limit. Made his so desperate that he took the necklace from Hope, so he could change. Willingly."

"By our sources it looked like you were the one to give it to him." I scoffed "Hope gave it to me, when I was still having trouble with my changes!" I glanced over to Dorian who still stared. His expression bothered me, it was serious, but solemn like he knew something I didn't.

"We're just trying to understand, Laya."

"Understand? She jumped into freaking Malivore to save our lives. That's why you don't remember."

"It doesn't make sense why you-"

"BECAUSE OUR BRAINS WERE CON-"

"ENOUGH!"

I was more than surprised by Dorian's reaction. He never yelled at me. "Kely you can leave." I gulped before nodding. I pushed my chair back, and stood up glancing one last time at the two who were both clearly deep in thought.

I did my best not to let the door slam, so they wouldn't think I was angry. I'm not angry, I'm just annoyed. I know one thing though, I want to hear what they're saying about me. I pushed my ear to the door, but all I could hear were mumbles. I whispered the spell under my breath. I wanted to know.

"Are you saying you don't believe her?"
"I'm saying that under the traumatic circumstances she's been through she could've conjured a fake character in her brain to help her deal with it all."
"She could've jumped in."
"Who Hope? Are you saying you believe her?"
"No, I'm saying their could be a possibility."
"Gosh,Dorian! She's a Prophetiae witch you knew something like this would happen sooner or later. They're all mad."

Something was whispering indistinctly, but it was getting louder. I didn't know what to do. I stormed out of the school going to the only place I knew where I could be comforted. Those whispers, their getting louder.

Why won't they stop?

Why are they so loud?

Trees surrounded my vision, but I was beginning to feel that suffocating feeling again. That overwhelming sense of dread. I stood there for a moment, not in peace listening to the silence of the forest, but in pain listening to the roar of whispers in my brain. Tears began to cloud my vision, "Stop." I whispered "Please just stop." I kept repeating those words.

"STOP!" I fell to the ground, tears pouring from my eyes, I could see a blue light emit from my body throwing everything within a ten mile radius around me to the ground. "Please stop." My hands were clutching my ears, a futile attempt of blocking the thunder of the whispers.

"What are they saying?"

I hated how delicate my voice sounded. How weak. I just wanted the voices to stop. Rustles came from behind me, but I didn't care to look. If it's an animal, let it kill me. Just stop the pain. Something soft brushed over my arm. I looked over to find a black wolf with gold eyes staring back at me. I smiled at it, at him. The pain slowly subsided.

Rafael pushed his head onto my arm like he was trying to get pets. "I miss you." I whispered he tilted his head at me like he couldn't understand, but I hoped he did. I hoped he knew. He plopped down on the ground, laying on its side. I smiled softly laying back to leaning my head gently on his stomach. I stared at the sky wondering what was wrong with me. Then I said the words I had been thinking all of this time.

"I miss you Hope."

So I'm gonna do a few chapters in between the seasons

So I'm gonna do a few chapters in between the seasons. But only two I think. I'm like really excited for it.