𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗹𝘃𝗲

*edited*

 Laya stood over her sink rubbing her hands viscously with a rag

Laya stood over her sink rubbing her hands viscously with a rag. The blood had tainted her skin, and she couldn't rub it off. Laya squirted soap onto the rag rubbing it back against the top of her hand.

Laya pushed the rag deeper into her skin just wanting the crimson shade off of her off of her hands. Laya's vision fell on her reflection in the mirror in front of her, a blue color overtaking her Hershey irises. "Inevitable death."

A pained scream ripped from Laya's throat. Frustratedly, she threw the rag back onto the mirror with a soft whimper. What was wrong with her?

"Hey." The sudden introduction frightened Laya. Hope stood in her bathroom doorway. The tribrid's eyes found Laya's scarlet tinted skin.

Laya sighed, hiding her hands behind her back at the expression. "How you feeling?" Laya questioned brushing off the tribrid's expression. Hope shrugged plopping onto Laya's bed. "I was actually coming to ask you that."

Laya huffed sitting down next to her friend. "Do you want the truth? Or do you want the watered down version where I tell you even though I can't get Landon's blood off of my hand's, I'm fine?"

Hope let herself fall back, patting her chest as signal for Laya to lay with her. Laya found comfort in the beating of Hope's heart. It was a relaxed rhythm calming the hybrid's senses. Hope's voice was soft, a mere whisper when told Laya, "Today, I thought I was gonna lose the two people most important to me. My sister and my boyfriend."

Laya pushed off of the comforter, "Did you just call me your sister?" Hope chuckled replying softly, "I mean technically we're ... what's the term? Sisters from another mister." The comment was rewarded with a giggle from Laya.

"That day, when Landon was in the root cellar, you asked me what I would do if it was you down there, I kept thinking about it. Honestly, I couldn't tell you what I'd do because I'd go out of my freaking mind if I knew you were in trouble."

Hope paused before adding on, "I've been so caught up with Landon that I've forgot about my best friend who's been there for since the day we met. So, I'm sorry Laya. Do you forgive me?" Laya made a face, pretending as though she was thinking upon the decision.

"Let me see, yes I do." Laya plopped down back on the bed next to Hope. "And, Rafael said he liked me too." Hope grinned, "Really?!"

Laya shrugged trying to find a way to properly describe who she acquired that information. "Well, sort of. I saw a memory, but it wasn't mine." Laya paused, her brother's voice playing in her head

When you do this spell, in some ways, it will connect yours and the person your casting it on's mind.

"Oh, God," Laya mumbled earning Hope's curious attention. "What's wrong."

"When Landon was dead, I couldn't remember what happened. I━I went in his mind. That's means ... "

" ... You're connected with Landon." Laya nodded silently. "Well, that's awkward." Hope giggled. Laya stayed quiet though, "Hey, I don't blame you."

"Can I sleep in here?"

"Of course."

"Are we gonna talk about Laya?" Landon inquired

"Are we gonna talk about Laya?" Landon inquired. Laya's episode was quite frightening, both of the boys were worried about her. "I mean, you have a crush on a freaking psychic."

Rafael chortled shaking his head. "I asked Dr. Saltzman about it, actually. She doesn't know, but she's apart of some super rare witch coven called the Prophetiae witches they have visions." Landon's eyes narrowed.

"So I was right, psychic."

"Whatever, man."

"Night, Raf."

"Goodnight, bro."

 This was really just a filler chapter to emphasize the friendships between the four

This was really just a filler chapter to emphasize the friendships between the four. *internally screaming* I can't believe we finally figured out what type of witch Laya is.