18. Everything Turned Out Right

LINDSEY DUNBAR

We went over to the clinic, Scott and Liam were carrying one of the doctors while I opened the door for them. We went in and saw Stiles and Deaton standing there, "He's still alive," Scott tells them. We laid him down on the operating table, "Can you keep him alive?" Scott asks Deaton. "I'm not sure he technically is alive," Deaton answers, "Screw keeping him alive. How do we get him to talk?" Liam asks.

"Personally, I don't think we utilize torture nearly enough," Stiles says, "He's got a point," I say agreeing with Stiles. "Come..." I hear a voice say, "Did you hear that?" my brother and I ask. "Come to me..." the voice says again, then the Surgeon suddenly gets up and there's this loud piercing sound making all of us cover our ears. Everything in the room trembles, and we are all falling to the floor wincing from the loud sounds. The Surgeon stands and starts to walk, but Liam tries to go after him. "Liam, wait!" Scott calls out, but before Liam could reach him Surgeon pull out his hand and with some kind of energy coming out of his hand he pushes my brother down.

I quickly run over to my brother, and we all watch The Surgeon walk out the door. "Liam, are you okay?" I ask him, he nods. "Yeah, Lin. I'm fine, I'm okay," he says, then all of a sudden the metal tables and chairs flew across the room and created a barrier so we couldn't walk out the door. Liam stood up and started walking towards the barrier but Deaton stopped him, "It's electrified," Deaton says. I groaned, "This isn't good," I say. "The cane," Scott says, "But they took it. They took the cane," Liam said.

We started looking through Mason's medical files, "Maybe there's something in here

We started looking through Mason's medical files, "Maybe there's something in here. Something about how he was a genetic chimera," Scott says. "Mason had a vanishing twin," Deaton said, "He ate his twin?" I asked. "Yeah, now we've got a vanishing Mason," Stiles responds, "What does that have to do with him turning into a 250-year-old French guy? How does that even happen?" Liam asks.

"Hold on, Scott might have something. Mason's twin wasn't entirely gone. That's what made him a genetic chimera," Deaton explains, "The DNA was still there," Scott says. "Metaphorically speaking, the DNA of Mason could still be inside Sebastien as well," Deaton said, "How?" Stiles asked. "Life is energy. Energy doesn't just disappear. The Dread Doctors may have found a way to break the rules of the supernatural world but there are some rules that simply won't break," Deaton explains further, "So, Mason can't just be gone?" I ask.

"Somewhere in Sebastien he has to still exist in some form. A spark of energy, a flicker of memory," Deaton continues, "Hang on... Twins, you said Mason said something right before he turned," Stiles said. "He said, 'That's not my name'," Liam and I responded.

"He finally remembered his name," Scott says, "Damnatio Memoriae," Liam and I look over at each other, then back at Scott. "That's what they wanted," Liam says, "They wanted Sebastien to remember his name," I finish off. "Scott, you know the myth of what happens when you call a werewolf by its given name?" Deaton asks Scott, "It turns back to human," Scott answered. "What does that mean?" Liam and I ask, "Someone could just walk up to the Beast, yell Mason's name and turn him back?" Liam questions.