chaper 34- Life's too short to fuck around with

Kiaras POV
Ever since the whole killing myself thing, everyone was walking on eggshells around me, it was freakin annoying. I mean not like I could even if I tried seeing as there's no eclipse for a really long time and I've got no reason to, the love of my life is back and I'm happy and things are finally going back to normal, well as normal as you can get for secret hero's.

I unwrapped Damian's arms from around my waist it's currently 4am and I walk out into the hallway. If your wondering I'm currently at Wayne manor. Damian refuses to let me out of his sight since well he came back to find me in harsh conditions. It's hard to get a bit of alone time as of lately. So when everyone's asleep I'd just randomly walk around and get some peace. I've found this spot in a room upstairs and it has amazing views, Bruce tends to come here to and I think he knows that I know but he kinda just lurks in the shadows but who am I to judge? It's his thing.

I sigh relieved "Bruce you planning on ever coming out?" I say as he steps closer with two mugs. "How are you feeling?" He asks as we sit down on a small bench. "What do you expect me to say? I'm fine? I guess I am but it's a bit unnerving with how everyone's acting, I mean I get what I did was wrong, but I have Damian back now, I have everything I'd ever need and have no reason to and no desire to ever do that again, but still they walk on eggshells around me. Like....I'm gonna blow up or something which makes me think that I might too? It's reversing the reverse psychology and it makes no fucking sense! Sorry for cursing I'm just frustrated!ugh..." I rant.

"Better?" I nod smiling "alright now listen, everyone is worried that something may happen to you because they care and the shock of almost losing you, and the thought of never being able to see you smile again or laugh again   Just scared them so deeply that they don't want to ever have to go through that again. They want to be there for you, because they think that they were the reason for it happening in the first place that in some way they failed you by not seeing it, and they don't want it to happen again, do you understand where I'm coming from?" Bruce says

I nod "yeah, I guess your right, thanks Bruce I needed this" I say giving him a hug and heading to the training room.

Just because I'm kryptonian doesn't mean I don't need to know how to fight without my powers.

After an hour of training I decide to head back to Damian's room. I walk in to see him panicking "what's wrong?" I ask "there you are, are you ok?" He sighs relieved "I'm fine now I've talked it out and I need you to sit down and listen to me, k?" He nods as he sits down.

"Babe, I know that when you found me it wasn't in the best circumstances and that you were scared that I wouldn't make it. I get what I did was wrong, and believe me I'm not going to do it again nor have I thought of doing it again and I don't have a reason to. Honestly I'm at the best stage of my life and it doesn't help with you guys walking around me like I'm some bomb about to go off. It's making me question myself in all the wrong ways. So listen when I tell you, I live for you, for myself, for everyone I love and I never want to leave you because you Damian Wayne is someone who I love the most" I say as he smiles and pulls me down for a kiss.

"I love you so much beloved, I understand what you're saying and as much as it killed me to see you like that, I know You're going to be fine" he says as I peck his lips before showering and getting ready to go to the mountain. There was a barbecue grill thing the league had planned for some reason.

 There was a barbecue grill thing the league had planned for some reason

We arrived an hour or so later, so about 1pm

We arrived an hour or so later, so about 1pm. Majority of the league and team were here. I walked around and saw my dad who I thought was away on a mission. I run up to him and give him a hug "hey daddy" "hey pumpkin" he says hugging back tightly. "Daddy, pumpkin can't breathe! Pumpkin can't breathe!" I gasp as he loosens his grip "sorry" he says embarrassed. "It's ok I'm just glad you're here" I smile at him.

Few hours later I manage to find my way to Damian "hey" "hey" "this is nice, all of us together just relaxing with nobody needing saving, we're actually doing something somewhat normal" I say laughing over the thought of what we were doing yesterday compared to the chilled out ness of today.

Our conversations interrupted by the clinking is a glass we see Bruce and dad at the edge of the table all eyes on them. "We'd like to make a toast to everyone one of you who go out and protect the people of Earth whether it's behind a screen or out in the field, and a toast to having more days like this to be a normal civilian in our very not normal lives" they toast
"And now to Damian" I turn around and see him on one knee, tears form in my eyes. I look around and everyone's smiling and before he even starts "I've realized these past months that life's too short and to do what's best for me and the best me is when I'm with you so kiara Elizabeth- " "yes!" "You didn't let me finish my speech, and you didn't even let me ask" he says with a small pout "sorry dami, go ahead" "nah fuck it life's too short will you marry me?" I nod and scream "yes,yes,yes!!!!!" He puts the ring on my finger and my lips meet his he spins me around as everyone cheers.

"That's... was so sweet" dick cries as Jason rubs his back and Tim has a proud look on his face as Stephanie wipes some tears.

Jon walks up to me and hugs me. "Maybe you and irey next eh?" I joke as he turns red.

A few hours later we were on the roof looking at the stars until I realize Damian wasn't looking at the stars "what are you looking at?"
"Someone beautiful, amazing, kind, caring, and compassionate that I can call mine" he says smoothly as I nudge him pulling him into a kiss. "Babe I said yes, you can stop with the cheesy shit now"