Chapter 38

Pregnancy was surprisingly hard, the late night cravings and early morning sickness adding to the lack of sleep kept Damian and Kiara on edge but at the same time they were overjoyed with every kick or doctors appointment from their new arrival. The pregnancy also made Kiara temporarily lose her powers because all her energy was going to the baby. Using her powers would often weaken her. So far she lost her heat vision, flying had gone down to leaps and her strength had significantly decreased but rest assured these were all temporary according to Dr Leslie.

Damian had reluctantly gone on patrol after much persuasion from Kiara. It was around 1 am and their apartment had run out of pickles. Not believing she would survive waiting for her husband to come home and bring her pickles she set out on her journey to the supermarket.

So there she was at then 24hr store in her pajamas at like 2am in the morning. Luckily nobody was there to see and she didn't give a fuck about what she looked like she was pregnant and that was justifying enough.

Buying her pickles she was walking back to her apartment which was only a few blocks away.
Turning onto the final block, she gets pulled into an alleyway "give me all your money!" A guy points a gun to her head, sighing she rolls her eyes "listen dickface It's like 2 in the morning go home, the only thing I got on me is my pickles and if you want them fight me!" She rolled her eyes at him as he falters for a second.

He opens his mouth to speak again "listen all I wanna do is go home eat some pickles and cry while watching the maze runner so do you really want a pregnant woman on your ass?" She interrupts just as a figure drops down behind the guy.

Clearing his throat Damian steps out of the shadows in his Redwing suit sending a quick blow to the mans head effectively knocking him out. "Thanks babe" she pecks his lips before beginning to walk out of the alleyway. Damian pulls her arm back "not so fast, what are you doing out at....2:30 in the morning?" He asks his pregnant wife.

"Buying.... pickles?" She shrugs innocently. "You couldn't have waited for me to come home?" He questions as she shakes her head "no I thought about it, I did and I realized I'd probably die waiting another 2 hours for you to make it home and if I went I'd get what I needed and make it home in 20 minutes"

"You got a gun held to your head!" He yells as she scoffs "I handled it"

He looks at her exasperated "you could've gotten hurt!" She looks down "I'm sorry"

He sighs "look Kia I didn't mean to shout it's just that this pregnancy it's weakened you, your practically human, who knows whether or not your still bulletproof or not, I just don't want you taking risks like that" he looks at his wife.

"I know I'm sorry next time I'll call you" she pulls him into a hug. "Yo redwing! You coming man?" Jon asks jumping down to see his twin and brother in law.

"Kiara what are you doing out this late?" He questions looking in between the two for some sort of explanation. "Guys? What's going on?" Dick asks jumping down with Tim. "Sup assholes" Jason Says coming out of the shadows.

"Hey aren't you off patrol?" Dick asks looking at Kiara. "And are you in your pajamas?" Jason laughs.

"IM SORRY OK I WANTED PICKLES!"