~16~Dreams and Nightmares.

Today my forest is dark

The trees are sad and
all the butterflies have broken wings.

🍁🍁🍁

All of the things that she wanted to take with her were packed and she was ready to leave the palace,
she wa ready to leave Jalal!

She was lost in her thoughts when the guards announced Jalal's arrival at her chamber, bringing her out of her trance.

Jalal entered her room and she got up from the sofa.

She started walking towards him taking slow steps, her pazeb(anklet) making tingling sound as she walked.

Jalal tooked at her, noticing every detail of her whether big or small.
She was wearing a peach coloured dress today.
it's been days since they have stood this close to eachother.

"How are you" Asked Jalal, his face devoid of any emotions as he looked straight in her eyes.

"Fine" came her short reply.

They stood there looking at eachother for a few moments without saying anything.

Ruqaiya after a while averted her gaze away from his eyes.

"I'm sure you're not here to merely enquire about my health, there must be something else, say it already, I know you're really busy these days".
Ruqaiya said bringing her gaze back towards his eyes, pain as well as taunt was visible in her voice.

Jalal was baffled at first, he didn't expected her to behave like this, specially with him.

He stayed silent, looking around when his eyes shifted on her belongings that were packed, Ruqaiya too followed his gaze and looked at her things that were packed.

Jalal was utterly confused now, he turned his head to look towards her who was already looking at him.

"What is this? why is your stuff packed? are you going somewhere?"

"Yes, I'm leaving within a few days, I am planning to shift in the new palace at Lahore, since now I know that this palace doesn't need me anymore."
Ruqaiya said looking away from him, she doesn't wanted to look weak infront of him.

Jalal was shocked at her revelation.

"Oh so you decided to plan everything on your own, didn't even bothered to inform me,that's great... just great!"
Jalal said with a sarcastic smile, anger was visible in his tone.

Ruqaiya looked at him, trying to read his expressions, she was confused at his behaviour now, since two weeks he has been ignoring her like he doesn't care about her anymore and now all of a sudden he decided to show up and is accusing her of not informing him earlier.

"I thought you didn't cared anymore whether I live here or not, since you've got other companions."
Ruqaiya said, taunt visible in her words.

Jalal stayed silent looking towards her.

"Anyways, I was going to send Dilnaaz towards your chambers tomorrow to inform you."

"Going to send Dilnaaz?... really?So now you don't even consider me important enough to inform me yourself ?" Jalal raised his tone further.

"Ofcourse you are important to me just like you are important to everyone else, you are Shehenshah, nobody is more important than you."
Ruqaiya said looking down at her feet and playing with the corner of her dupatta.

"I'm not talking about everyone else, I'm talking about you.Why didn't you informed me before?"
Jalal asked with a raised voice, taking a few steps towards her.

Ruqaiya took a few steps back.She was still not looking towards his face.While was not looking anywhere else apart from her face.

"Answer me".

"I..I thought you don't care anymore."
Ruqaiya said in a low voice.

Jalal stayed quite for some time without speaking a word.
He didn't knew what to say.
Ruqaiya raised her head on his silence and saw him looking at her.

"Ruqaiya, I'm here to ask you something and I hope you answer it honestly."

Ruqaiya nodded her head.

Jalal took a deep breath and stepped further closer to her, standing right infront of her and looking straight in her eyes.

"Are you, in any way, invloved in the death of Hassan?"
Jalal asked her in a stern tone, his voice devoid of any emotions as his heart at that instant was!

Ruqaiya was shocked to her chore at his question.Her mind was jammed for a few seconds as she didn't expected such a question from him.

She never thought, he would ask her such a question.

She stayed silent for a few moments, her mind was still processing the question he just asked.

"No! How could I, in any way be involved in their death."
Ruqaiya answered after gathering herself back.

"They were mine children too, Jalal."
Ruqaiya said out loud her voice sounded wet maybe due to crying.

And that was the moment when Jalal realised what he had asked.

He realised his mistake at that very moment.

He realised he shouldn't have asked her such a question.

He realised he shouldn't have doubted her.

How could I doubt her.
He thought.

Ruqaiya at first was confused at his question but then everything became clear infront of her.

His rude behaviour.

She realsied why his behaviour towards her changed in these past days.

She realised why he treated her that way.

How could he doubt me?

And why?
But wasn't important now.

He doubted me.
That was more important.

Jalal took a few steps towards her and held her by her arms.
Placing his forehead on her, he said..

"Ruqaiya I know I made a mistake and I am...

But before he could complete his sentence Ruqaiya stopped him by freeing her arms and taking a few steps back.

"Hum kal Ja rahe hain."
Ruqaiya said, her gaze fixed on the ground.

Jalal looked towards her, trying to read her expression, he knew she was sad and angry with him.

"Aap kahin nahi jaa rahi."
Jalal said with a raised voice and gritted teeth.

"Ab boht der ho chuki, aapne der kardi hume rokne mein."

"Ruqaiya hum..."
Jalal tried to say something but Ruqaiya intrupted him.

"Aap ab jaeye hume tayari karni hai jaane ki."
Ruqaiya said and turned his bqck towards him.

Jalal sighed at her behaviour, not knowing what to say or do he left her chamber.

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's all for today.
Love and peace🍁🍁🍁