Chapter~12~ "The secret of anklet"

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

" JALAL'S CHAMBERS "

Jalal was pacing back and forth in his room, thinking about something deeply when someone knocked at his door.

"Ijazat hai" said Jalal halting in his track.

A servant entered his room carrying a paper wrapped in a ribbon.

After returning from the hall,Jalal had ordered one of his trusted servant to bring him the sketch from the royal painter.
The sketch that was made some time ago on Jalal's orders.It was the sketch of an anklet with red pearls that was worn by the intruder who poisened Hassan.

While she was running away, one of the servants saw her wearing that anklet and Jalal immediately sent her to the royal painter to get the sketch of that anklet made.

"Put it here"Jalal ordered the servant and pointed towards a table that was placed nearby.

The servant put the paper on the table and left the room closing the door behind him.

Jalal walked upto the table and took the folded paper in his hands.

He removed the ribbon wrapped around the paper and slowly opened it.

Jalal closely examined the design and every detail of it.

After looking at the sketch of the anklet for quite sometime,he wrapped it back and placed the sketch on the table.

He walked upto a chair placed besides the table and went deep into thinking.

"Maybe I've seen something wrong"Jalal murmered to himself placing his hand on his forehand.

~~~~~~~~~~~••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shehenshah had clearly noticed the anklet in Ruqaiya begam'sfeet".
Moti bai told Mariam, who was now seated infront of the dressing table, examining her heavy gold necklace.

"I'm sure by now he must be scratching his head to come in terms with the facts".
Said Mariam running her hand on necklace that was hanging on her neck.

"You have done a good job Moti, I'm very happy with you".Mariam told Moti bai and stood up from her chair walking towards Moti bai.

Mariam had ordered Moti bai to place the exect replica of the anklet from the sketch in Ruqaiya's room, hoping that one day she would wear it and Jalal would see it in her feet and finally that day had come and her plan was successful.

She wanted to create misunderstanding between Jalal and Ruqaiya.She wanted Jalal to think that Ruqaiya had some hand in Hassan's death.

She removed the necklace that she was wearing and held it in her hands.

"Here take this"Mariam said,streching her hand that contained necklace towards Moti bai.

"How can I take this?" Moti bai asked hesitatingly.

"Why can't you? You deserve it.It's your reward".Mariam told her, opening the palm of Moti's hand, she placed the necklace in her hand.

Moti bai looked towards Mariam with admiration and thanked her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ruqaiya entered her room looking all tired, Dilnaaz following her closely.

She took a seat on the sofa and relaxed herself, waiting for Shehenshah to come as he usually does.

She waited and waited but he didn't come.

As it was really late, she thought he might have slept in his own room, she decided to sleep.

She walked towards the dressing table and sat down on the chair that was placed infront of it.

She sighed looking at her tired self in the mirror and started removing her jewellery.One by one she removed all of her jewellery and looked at her feet which were adorned by a beautiful anklet.An anklet that contained red pearls, when he first saw it in her jewellery, she couldn't remember buying it or being gifted that anklet but nevertheless she liked it's design ans wore it, thinking that she must have bought it a long ago but didn't remember it.

She had not seen the sketch of the anklet that the intruder wore otherwise she never have made such a mistake and must have been careful.
She removed it too and put it inside a box.Placing the box on the table she stood up and walked upto her the bed.

~~~~~~~~•••••••~~~~~~~~~~~

Jalal was trying hard to sleep but the sleep seemed miles away from him.He was constantly changing his sides from left to right, seeming restless.
He suddenly stood up from his bed and walked upto the door.

He left his room and went towards Ruqaiya's room.The guards saw him coming and when he reached the door they immediately opened it.

When he stepped inside her room, he saw her peacefully sleeping.The blanket was covering her entire body upto her chest.
Jalal glanced at her for abit and then walked upto the dressing table and started opening the jewellery boxes one by one.

The first box that he opened contained necklaces, the second one contained different kinds of rings and the third one that he opened was full of beautiful earings.

He sighed closing the boxes and placing them back on their places.

Then his gaze landed on a small wooden box lying at the edge of the dressing table.He picked it up and opened it.The box contained different kinds of anklets, all beautiful.

He ran his hand through the box searching for the anklet when his that contained red stones and finally find it. While taking it out,it slipped from his hands and fell down making a little sound.

Ruqaiya moved a little in her sleep but nevertheless didn't woke up.Jalal looked at her and sighed in relief when she didn't woke up.

He picked it up and closely examined it and then put it right back in its box.

His thinking become blurry,and his restlessness only increased.
He had came here to clear his doubts but what he saw made it only obvious for him.

He turned back on his heels and went back to his room, without making any sound.

~~~~~~~~~~•••••~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you sure it was him." Mariam asked Moti bai who has come to her room this morning with some news that she was eager to tell her.

"Yes! Ranisa, it was him, the royal painter that I saw coming out of Shehenshah's room."Replied Moti bai enthusiastically.

Mariam smiled hearing her answer, clasping her hands together.

"Now this is what we call a really good morning"Mariam said sitting on the sofa, making herself comfortable.

"What about Shehenshah? Did he went to her room last night?" Asked Mariam Picking up a cherry from the fruit plate that was placed on a table on the right side of her sofa and put that in her mouth.

"Yes, he went there but not at his usual timing.He went there very late and came back after some time."

Mariam put the second cherry back on the plate that she had picked up to eat and stoodup from her seat.

"That means, what I am thinking is right.He went to her room to look for that anklet.Hmm.He must have seen it there that's why he didn't stayed there for the night."Said Mariam.

"Yes.It seems so, when he came out, he looked all tensed."Moti bai added.

"So our plan is on the right track."Mariam told with her usual evil smirk and Moti bai nodded her head in agreement.

~~~~~~~~~~••••~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued.....

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼