Chapter~11~ "The Intruder"

" How dare you enter my khuwabgah without my permission huh?"

Asked Jalal to a  royal servant who was caught entering his room without his permission.No one was allowed to enter his room except Ruqaiya and the rules were strictly laid out before everyone in the royal palace.
But today when this servant was caught intruding his room, Jalal became extremely furious and decided to punish him on the spot by executing him with his own hands.

~~~~~~~~☆~~~~~~~

"Chan Chan Chan"
Was the sound coming out of the anklet worn by Ruqaiya, as she  made her way out, passing  through different corridors and hallways to reach at the hall near the royal garden where Jalal was going to punish a servant who entered his khuwabgah without his permission.The news was delivered to Ruqaiya by an eunuch and now she was on her way towards the spot.

The edge of her pink coloured dupatta flew in air as she passed through the garden to reach the hall to stop Jalal before it's too late.
Her hands were clutching the sides of her green gharara so as she could walk faster.

~~~~~~~~☆~~~~~~~~

Jalal raises his sword in the air and brought it towards the neck of the servant with full force and was about cut his neck when a sound stopped him.

"Stop it  Jalal...."
called out Ruqaiya as she entered the hall and saw Jalal raising his sword towards the neck of the servant to kill him.

Jalal's hand froze at it's spot in the air as soon as he heard  Ruqaiya's voice  and he turned his head slightly to look towards the enterence. He saw Ruqaiya coming towards him followed by two of her ladies-in-waiting.
She was clutching the sides of her golden gharara as she made her way passing through the people who have gathered there to witness the unexpected occurrence.

The sound of her anklet, as she walked, was filling the rather dangerously silent atmosphere of that  hall.
Jalal's gaze slowly shifted towards her feet.Her feet were clearly visible as her gharara was slightly raised due to her clutching the sides of it.

Her ankles were adorned by a beautiful gold anklet that possesses precious red pearls hanging beautiful on her feet.

"What are you doing  Jalal?"Asked Ruqaiya as she approached Jalal.

"Punishing him for his deed, how dare he enter my khuwabgah without my prior permission." Answered Jalal shifting his gaze to her eyes from her feet and bringing his sword down towards his feet.

"This is not the right way to solve the issue.You should at least give him a chance to explain his deed before taking any action against him." Said Ruqaiya now standing infront of him.

Jalal once again looked at her feet but they were now covered by her gharara.
Abruptly he brought his eyes back to look at her.

"You don't know people like him Ruqaiya, they need to be taught a lesson before they get a chance to do harm us or do anything bad."

"But Jalal atleast give him a chance to explain his point of view."

"What is there to explain?He broke my rule, an emperor's rule,now, he needs to be punsished to set an example for others."Concluded  Jalal looking towrads her.

"You are right Shehenshah.Kill this low life right here with your own hands.He needs to be shown his place."
Came the voice of Mariam who recently entered the hall followed by Moti bai and stood beside Hamida bano.

Everyone turned their gaze to look at her,while the servant stood in it's place shivering,with his gaze fixed at the ground, unsure of his own future and held by two guards, one gripping his each arm.
Jalal looked towards her briefly, then brought his gaze back at Ruqaiya who gave him a look of disapproval.

"Jalal, I think you should keep him alive and investigate from him.He might have a hand in Hassan and Hussain's death as well.Through him we might be able to reach the actual culprits behind all this."Suggested Ruqaiya.

"Or he might just be innocent who was used as a bait to hide the actual culprit".Ruqaiya further added.

"Jalal, I think Ruqaiya is right and besides he might have his companions as well residing in the royal palace.We can't take the risk." Hamida bano gave her opinion.

Jalal thought for a while before giving his decision.

"Alright..it's settled then.Put him in the dungeon and investigate from him until he spills every bit of information"Ordered Jalal to his guards who immediately came forward and took the servant with them towards the dungeon.

One by one everyone started to leave.Ruqaiya too, turned aound and started to walk passing a smile towards Jalal which he gladly rerurned.

As she was passing by, Jalal once again looked towards her feet but they were covered by her gharara yet again.Jalal sighed looking away from her feet.

Ruqaiya had noticed him looking towards her feet and thought of talking to him about it later, leaving the matter for now as she walked back towards her chambers.

Jalal watched her leaving as long as his eyes helped him amd just as she was out of his sight, he too walked out of the hall without giving Mariam a  single glance, who was standing nearby,waiting for him to acknowledge her.

Mariam who had witnessed the whole scenario that happened was now now fuming with anger and jealousy.

Mariam was extremely furious at Jalal.Yet again he didn't gave importance to her suggestion and followed what Ruqaiya had to offer.

Mariam walked towards a nearby bush of roses and plucked a beautiful rose.

"Ruqaiqa thinks she owns everyone in this place including Shehenshah."Said Mariam and started laughing at her own words but suddenly became serious and looked at the rose placed in her hands while Moti bai stood behind her silently, not knowing what to say.

"I will show her who the actual owner is!"Said Mariam suppressing the flower in the palm of her hand,laughing wickedly, Moti bai joining her in her laughter.