Chapter:5 "The Family bonding"

"Ijazat hai"?
Asked Jalal holding Ruqaiya's hands looking into her eyes.
"Nahi"
Answered Ruqaiya in a playful tone.

"Theek hai agar aap nahi chahti tau hum nahi jaenge".
Declared Jalal in a rather serious tone.

"Are nahi hum tau mazak kar rahe the,aap ka jana zaruri hai,agar aap nahi jaenge tau aapki sultanate kon sambhale ga?"
Ruqaiya asked and led Jalal towards the door.

"Keh tau aap theek rahi hain,lekin agar hume chale gaye tau aap ko kon sambhale ga?
Jalal questioned back with a mischievous smile.

"Hum khud hi sambhal jaenge"
Ruqaiya retorted back tugging a string of hair behind her ear.

"Hum tau aap hi ka bhala chah rahe the"
Jalal said getting a bit closer to her.

"Boht shukriya aap ka,lekin ye zehmat na karen ".
Ruqaiya said and pushed him a bit.Jalal gave her a playful smile.

"Ab jab aap hume apne kamre se nikaal hi rahi hain tau jaana hi parega".
Said Jalal and took a hold on Ruqaiya's hands,raising them up to  his lips and kissing them,before leaving to go to dewan-e-khas,where he was to be informed about the affairs of the state.
Ruqaiya kept looking at him until he went out of her sight.
Coming back inside, she chose a poetry book from the shelf and went towards the balcony, holding the book in her hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hamida bano,Gulbadan bano and Salima sultan are sitting inside the royal hall covered with shawls due to the cold weather and are talking about literally nothing and everything.
Fire is lit in a nearby fireplace spreading it's warmth in that cold place.Curtains hanging infront of the windows are moving with the cold breeze that is coming from the outside.

"Ruqaiya kahan hain"
Asked Hamida bano looking at Salima and gulbadan.

"Shayad wo apne hujre mein hain Ammi Jaan"
Answered Salima with a little unsurety.
"Aaj wo baahar kyu nahi aayi,unki tabiyat tau theek hai na?"
Hamida asked again.
Salima and Gulbadan looked at eachother and w went silent as they had no answer to her question.

"Jaaiye unhe bula laaiye hume unse milna hai"Hamida ordered a kaneez who was standing nearby.Bowing her head,the kaneez left for Ruqaiya's room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~♡~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ruqaiya is sitting on a chair in the balcony of her room,her hair half tied behind while the other half  flowing a bit with the cold breeze.Her dupatta is hanging on her shoulders while a brown shawl is wrapped around her protecting her from the cold.
Holding a poetry book in her hands,she has her eyes fixed on a page forgetting everything around her.

The poetry that she was reading goes somthing like this...

"Tumhe  jab kabhi mile fursate, mere dil se bojh utaar do.

Main boht dinon se udaas hu mujhe koi shaam udhaar do.

Mujhe apne roop ki dhoop do ke chamak sake mere  khaal o khad,

Mujhe apne rang mein rang do,mere saare rang utaar do.

Kisi aur ko mere haal se na koi garz hai na koi waasta,