Chapter:4 "A Precious gift"

"You look great" jalal said staring at Ruqaiya's image in mirror.
"You don't look bad either"replied Ruqaiya staring back at jalal through mirror.Moving a bit, jalal turned Ruqaiya around and led her towards sofa that was seated at a small distance from bed.
"I have bought something for you"Jalal said making himself comfortable on sofa.
"And what is that"Ruqaiya replied with a smile plastered on her lips.

Joining his hands together,Jalal clapped twice.A kaniz appeared carrying a box with her in her hands that was placed on silver coloured-plate.
Jalal got up and took the box in his hands.
"Takhliya" Jalal ordered and kaniz left as soon as those words landed on her ears,closing the door behind her.
"Here it is" Jalal said looking at the box that he was carrying in his hands.
Ruqaiya got up and stood infront of Jalal,Jalal opened the box and Ruqaiya lips shaped into a smile at the sight of it.It was a beautiful peacock feather with real rubbied and diamonds embedded in it.

"You still remember that?"Ruqaiya said getting a bit nostalgic.
"Offcource i do,how can i forget"Jalal said joining her in her nostalgic memory.

Ruqaiya loved the peacocks since her childhood in Kabul and ever since she had arrived in hindustan which was famous for its beautiful peacocks,she had accumulated a large variety of them.She loves everything related to peacocks and this to her was a precious gift.
Jalal handed over the box to Ruqaiya.

"Thankyou Jalal" Ruqaiya said happiness pouring out of her words as she took the box in her hands.
"You're most welcome my dear"Jalal answered taking a seat on the sofa.
Ruqaiya sat besides Jalal and ran her hand over the feather.Jalal was examining her every move.
"You like it don't you"Jalal asked with curiosity.
"I love it".Replied Ruqaiya with clear happiness in her voice.
"I knew you would love it,it's your favourite thing afterall!"exclaimed Jalal.
"It's my second favourite thing"Ruqaiya said looking up towards Jalal taking her eyes off from the peacock feather.
"And what's the first?"asked jalal with curiosity dripping from his words.
"You" answered Ruqaiya looking towards Jalal.
"Really"said Jalal moving closer to her.
"Offcourse"she replied.
Jalal started moving towards her,taking the box out of her hands and placing her hands into his.He was staring into her eyes and she stared right back into his.His lips reached near hers and he moved closer reducing the distance between them.He placed his lips on hers and she kissed him back.He started to move his lips down towards her neck kissing every part on the way.She moaned a bit at his touch and closed her eyes.

~~~~♡~~~~♡~~♧~~♡~~~~♡~~~~
"AT NIGHT"

"MARIAM-UZ-ZAMANI'CHAMBER"
(The birth name of mariam-uz-zamani was harkha champavati/harkha bai)
Harkha bai was sitting on the bed resting her head on the headboard when a daasi(maid) came inside her room.Her name was moti bai and she was her main maid who came along with her from Amer.Moti bai was carrying a plate in her hands which contained food for their dinner.

"Ranisa here is your dinner"said moti bai placing the plate on the table.
"Why have you brought it here moti?"I told you i will have dinner with shehenshah tonight!"Said mariam getting out of her bed and walking towards the table.
Moti bai looked at harkha with fear evident from her eyes but didn't say anything.
"I have asked you a question" Harkha said raising her voice a bit.
"He's is Ruqaiya begam's room"said moti bowing her head down.
Harkha became enraged as soon as she heard those words,as she held strong grudges against Ruqaiya.Harkha has always wanted to become The Padshah Begam of the harem a title which Ruqaiya Sultan holds till now.Ever since her marriage with shehenshah it is her dream to snatch that title away from Ruqaiya and rule the harem.

"So what!,just go and tell shehenshah that i wanna have dinner with him".said harkha staring blankly towards moti bai.
"I tried to tell him but the guards didn't let me in".said moti bai looking towards harkha.
"And why would they not let you in huh!"asked harkha raising her right eyebrow.
"They said that shehenshah is having dinner with Ruqaiya begam and has refused anyone from disturbing them"answered moti bai.
"He always does that,always spending time with that padshah begam ignoring me while it's me who has given him heir"told harkha anger spitting out from her every word as she uttered them.
Moti bai didn't say anything,just stared blankly at harkha who was now boiling with anger.
"Get out"ordered harkha not looking towards moti bai but she knew it was for her so she turned around and started to walk towards the door.
"Take the food with you" harkha told moti bai.
Turning around moti walked towards the table where the food was laid.
"Will you not eat"asked moti bai looking in her direction.
"I'm not hungry anymore" muttered harkha.
Hearing that moti bai took the food plate in her hands and left.

Harkha bai walked towards the window lost in her own thoughts.

"Boht naaz hai na Ruqaiya begam ko unke padshah begam hone ka,hum unse ye audha lekar rahenge"
Harkha bai thought looking outside from her window into the garden where Prince Salim was playing with his brothers.
That's all for today..
Thankyou for reading.
Love and Peace..🌹