Chapter:7 "The Revelation"

The sound of Azaan and the ringing of bells could be heared from nearby mosques and temples as the creators were busy praying to their lord.

Today, the sky was darker than usual, filled with clouds, the world seemed darker.

With a loud scream she woke up from her sleep,panting heavely, the dream kept repeating in her mind.The same dream that kept haunting her from time to time,the dream that she wants to get rid of but couldn't.The dream that contained the death.The death of her children,the death of Hussain and Fatima.
Fatima was Ruqaiya and Jalal's first born child.Being the first born child she was very dear to them,they loved and pampered her alot.Ruqaiya's whole life was surrounded with her.She used to spend her whole day doing the stuff that a mother does for her child.Feeding her,changing her clothes etc.
Those were the happy days,the days that she spent with her daughter.She thought that she was complete,she could feel it whenever she was around Fatima.
And then one day she was gone,she was gone to never come back.She had died.The cause of her death remained unknown,the hakims and royal physicians tried their level best but couldn't find out the cause. Maybe out of jealousy,someone has poisnoed her as Jalal used to spend most of his time with Ruqaiya and Fatima.

You never know who is your friend or enemy in the harem.It was all a game,a game to stay in power, a game to remain the favourite of emperor and this game consisted no boundries or rules to follow.
Her death left Ruqaiya and Jalal traumatized.Afterall she was their first child.It took her some time,but slowly and gradually,Ruqaiya recovered when  Hussain, came in her life.
Although born of a cocubine,Akbar handed over  Hussain to Ruqaiya the moment he was born.He knew it was the only way to end her misery,and it did, it actually ended all her miseries and her life was back to normal.She started to be happy again.

Seeing all this made Mariam furious,she thought that after the death of Fatima,Jalal would start to avoid her,the position and importance of Ruqaiya in Jalal's life would be affected.But instead,he handed over Hussain to Ruqaiya,a son,a possible heir to the mughal throne.Which means she could be the Malika-e-hindustan.But what about her,what about her dream,a dream that she saw when she entered the palace for the first time,a dream to became the first lady of the empire.So she had to think of something,something that would bring her closer to accomlish her dream.So she finally came up with a plan,through which she could get what she wanted.She asked for Hassan,she wanted to foster Hassan.Hassan who was a twin of Hussain,and as such a good competitor for the throne.
After a lot of struggles and efforts, Hassan was finally handed over to her.But she was not attentive to Hassan,often times she ignored her not paying much attention to him,leaving him to Moti bai,who out of fear tried her best to carefully look after him.
Then one day,he was poisoned by an intruder, sent by an enemy,who had came in the mughal palace impersonating a maid.Mariam was highly shocked by this,maybe she wasn't shattered much by his death as he was not her own son but his death meant the death of her dream and she wouldn't let that happen so she came up with another idea,to snatch away Hussain from Ruqaiya and bring him to her.She started to act all sad and gloomy,not eating her food,acting as if she was highly affected by Hassan's death,and when one day Ruqaiya was severly ill,she thought it was a good idea to ask for Hussain,so when Jalal went in her room,she asked him to bring Hussain to her until Ruqaiya would recover,she would look after him.Jalal denied her this wish.He would not ask Ruqaiya to hand over Hussain to Mariam even for a few days.He could not ask her to give Hussain to Mariam after handling him to her.But after shedding many tears,she finally made Jalal agree to her wish.Jalal thought as it was only for a few days,he would ask Ruqaiya to hand over Hussain to Mariam,Ruqaiya was very reluctant at first as her heart didn't agreed to this decision,she knew something bad would happen.Ruqaiya handed over Hussain on one condition and that was to take a very good care of him and not leave him alone even for a second as enemies were roaming in the palace and they would try to harm Hussain just like Hassan.Mariam agreed and Hussain was given to her.But even the death of Hassan couldn't put any sense in her and she started to ignore Hussain the same way she ignored Hassan.Again most of the times it was Moti bai who took care of him.And one day when Mariam was in Jalal's room,although Jalal told her to go back to her room and lookafter Hussain as the intruder was still not caught but she ignored his warnings and told him that Moti bai was there with Hussain and they need not to worry but they certainly needed to worry as the intruder after getting his chance poisoned Hussain when Moti bai was out fetching some milk for Hussain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued...