Chapter Eight

SEXUAL INTIMACY WARNING!!!!

Chapter Eight:

The water isn't the only thing that's hot.

Ellie's Pov:

I sucked on a candy cane that I managed to get my hands on, watching Sam and Allison decorate the Christmas tree. I smiled at the warmness that invited itself into the living room. Sam turned her head, smiling over at me. I simply nodded, letting her know they were doing a good job. "This is the best part of Christmas." Allison said, placing an ornament in its appropriate place. "Yeah, the process would be easier if I had a sister to help me too." Emma said from the floor as she was wrapping some of the presents. I smiled, biting my candy as I walked over to help her.

I sat Indian style, grabbing what I knew was one of my gifts. I examined it, smiling and reading the CD case. Emma snatched it. "I already wrapped you and Sam's gifts. Except that one." She stated, quickly wrapping the CD in green and red Christmas wrapping. She quickly tapped it, setting it ontop of another already wrapped gift. I rolled my eyes, smiling more as I grabbed a set of make up and started the process I would be doing for a few hours or so.

"You wrap your own gifts?" Sam asked Emma, placing a Santa Claus. "Yeah." She answered, setting another wrapped gift behind her with the others. "Doesn't that take the fun out of unwrapping presents?" Emma shrugged. "I've been doing it since I was nine. Mom and dad always begged me to just do the tree but...I always loved the gift wrapping part. For some reason I'm still surprised on Christmas morning."

Sam nodded.

I looked over towards the window, the moon shining through the dark sky. Snow was falling and the sight of it made me shiver.

I started back wrapping, listening to the crackle of the flames from the fireplace in the center of the room, keeping us warm and toasted.

"Girls!" I heard my mom yell excitedly, walking in with a batch of gingerbread cookies, frosted and fresh from the oven. All of us watched her set the tray on one of those portable tables, milk along with it. She kissed me and Emma's head before joining Sam's mom back in the kitchen.

I slowly got up, walking over to the tray and reaching out for one.

"Fuck!" I shouted, sucking my finger and jumping up and down in pain.

"Oh, girls, I forgot to mention it's really hot still!" My mom's voice called out. Everyone laughed, watching me shake my hand up and down until the burning stopped. "You can't handle ginger?" Allison asked. "You come touch it then." I muttered, taking a drink from my chosen glass of milk.

Sam stepped off her ladder, walking over to where I was and taking my hand, examining it's redness. "You'll be fine." She said with a smile. She was always caring and even protective in a way.

I couldn't help but smile.

She looked adorable as always, staring up at me with those piercing green eyes, her smile automatically making my stomach tighten, my eyes finding themselves at her lips.

Allison launched her magazine at Sam's head, causing me to burst out laughing. "Ally!" She yelled at her, Allison simply shrugging. Sam grabbed a now warm cookie, grabbing a glass before heading back over to help Allison. I did the same, going over to Emma.

We spent a few more hours at it, finally finishing around 10:00pm.

I slid the rest of the presents under the tree, giving Sam a nod as she held the Christmas lights button. She pressed it, the tree lighting up and sparkling in all different colors; Green, blue, red, Orange, you name it. It was gracefully giving off that feeling I missed all year. The presents shined under it, all different shapes and sizes, waiting to be opened. "Beautiful." Emma said, kissing Allison.