Chapter Four

Chapter Four:

I missed you.

Samantha's Pov:

"Are you sure you're alright?" Nicole whispered in the seat next to me. "Yeah, air sickness." I lied. She laced our fingers, eating the dinner that was served to us. My parents sat a few rows ahead, most likely asleep.

"I can't wait to get there! I've always wanted to cruise around L.A.!" Nicole yelled, even though half of everyone on the plane was sleeping. "Shh!" An older man loudly whispered from the seat across from me. Nicole just rolled her eyes, eating more of her chicken salad.

"How is it? Is it really how movies and everyone else says?! Is it all parties and famous people?! Are there as many lesbians as they say?! Is it wild and crazy and can we go to the beach?! I've always wanted to go to beach in Cali!" Nicole asked annoyingly. I sighed, rubbing the pain that was growing in my neck.

Growing pain in my ass...

"It's home." Was all I said. She nodded as if she understood, shrugging her shoulders. "I'm so excited, Babe!"

"I know." I whispered to her, the older guy eyeing us as I did so.

"How is the food?!"

"Nicole, please...shut up." I said in an overly irritated tone.

"But it's my favorite state." She said, trying to feed me. "I know and I'm glad that you're so keen on spending vacation with all of us but we've been at the airport for nearly eight hours and I'm tired as hell." I said, pushing her fork away from my mouth.

"Can you atleast tell me where we're vacationing?"

"I already told you like ten times." I muttered.

"I forgot."

"New York."

"Why didn't we just catch a flight to New York then?" She questioned. "Because last time we tried to go to New Orleans for Summer vacation mom switched up everything and we ended up in New Hampshire. Then last Christmas we tried to go to Oregon, we ended up in fucking Canada...Allison wants us all together so there's no way anything gets screwed up."

"I'm so excited!"

'You already said that..."

"Okay, okay. I'll let you sleep."

I pulled my blanket higher, resting my head back in my seat.

I was almost asleep when I felt a thud on the back of my seat. I tried to ignore it but it only grew louder...and louder.

I turned around, seeing some teenager who must've been flying home for Christmas as well. He smirked, rubbing the chin hair that he was proud of. "Sweetie, you could stop kicking my fucking seat?" I asked him. He rolled her eyes, settling down and tapping away on his phone.

As I turned back around, I saw Nicole's smiling face, knowing how annoyed I was.

I moved away as she tried to kiss me, letting out a long breath and getting comfortable again, pulling my blanket higher.

It took about ten minutes for me to finally get to the point where I actually could sleep. Even though I was tired as ever, I couldn't.

Ellie was all I had been thinking about since yesterday. Everything had happened so fast. I tried to push the thought out of my head but of course it didn't work.

I didn't want to see her, I didn't want to be anywhere near her. It wasn't because I hated her or anything. I just knew that if I saw her, even a small glance...