Seth & Corin Say I Do

Start from the beginning

            Seth had tears streaming down his face and he didn't even pretend to hide them. To be perfectly honest, whether people could cry or not, everyone was. Corin was one of the most stunning brides we'd ever seen. She too was crying but Alice had put waterproof make up on her and I knew she would do some touching up before the reception. Finally Corin was standing in front of Seth. The elder then asked:

"Who gives this woman to be wedded to this man?"

"My husband and I do." Rogue said after which she lifted Corin's veil long enough to kiss her on both cheeks as did Alexander.

"God speed my child." Rogue whispered to her as she put Corin's hand into Seth's and went to take her seat along with Alexander.

            The elder then asked everyone to close their eyes as he began to chant and wave a stick with feathers around the bride and groom as they faced each other and held hands with their heads bowed. When the chanting was over, the elder looked at Seth and said:

"Seth Clearwater, do you take Corin Pilakos to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish, for the eternity set upon us by our ancestors?"

"I do for all eternity." Seth answered, his eyes never leaving Corin's. The elder then turned to Corin and said:

"Corin Pilakos, do you take Seth Clearwater to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish, for the eternity set upon us all by your ancestors?"

"I do forever and for always." Corin whispered, brushing away her tears.

"May I have the rings please?" The elder looked kindly down at Sava who stepped forward importantly and lifted up the pillow with the rings as people giggled. Then the elder said:

"Seth, take this ring, place it on Corin's finger, and repeat after me." Seth did as he was told.

"With this ring, I Seth take you Corin to share eternity with as your husband. Let this token of my love be bound to our souls from the heavens and beyond." Seth gulped and repeated:

            Corin took the ring that she was to place on Seth with shaking hands and accidently dropped it. Seth quickly picked it up for her as she mouthed "oops" to him and he winked at her. Then she took a deep breath and repeated what the elder asked her to say:

"With this ring, I Corin take you Seth to share eternity with as your wife. Let this token of my love be bound to our souls from the heavens and beyond." The elder smiled and said:

"By the power vested in me by the state of Washington and as an elder of the Quileute tribe, I now pronounce you man and wife; Mr. and Mrs. Seth & Corin Clearwater! Seth, you may kiss your bride!"

            Seth gently, lifted Corin's veil and kissed her first softly and then more passionately as everyone jumped up and cheered. He even dipped her as she laughed through her tears. Rogue had upheld her end of the bargain; she made Seth stronger and look 21 as opposed to 17. So he was stronger and older and perfect for Corin and the wedding. After grabbing her bouquet from Amy, they ran up the aisle to more applause and cheers. It was cocktail hour time as Rose; our resident photographer did her thing with the wedding party and parents. The rest of us couldn't wait for the reception.

            From what Corin told us, she and Seth were going to Greece for 2 weeks. Just like Marcus and Tanya did during their honeymoon, Seth had never been to Greece. Hell, he'd never even left the country. So Alice got him his passport with the new age post Rogue's little update. The photo hour flew by on angel's wings. It was reception time. As we all filtered in and took in with aww the absolutely splendidness of the reception tent, I can definitely say Alice should make a business of this.

            We found our seats and took them as it was time to introduce the wedding party. The parents came first to cheers as we all got up and stood around our tables as the rest of the introductions went on and finally it was time to introduce the bride and groom who entered the room to thunderous applause and cheering. They took straight to the floor for their first dance as husband and wife. Corin chose a very New Age song; "The Pearl" by Marla Maples and as they glided onto the dance floor and the music lilted through the speakers, we all felt like we were on the edge of the ocean or under it. It was a beautiful number.

            After that, it was time for dinner; everything was set in a buffet style so it would be comfortable for everyone to get what they want when they wanted in. There was an open bar and waiters to help get the food expedited. The rest of the evening and night went by pleasantly. Everyone was happy except it seemed Nessie. She was just jittery and no one really paid much attention to her. It was Seth and Corin's big day. She didn't really bring any attention to herself anyways. She snuck out at some point, to get some air we assumed.

            Finally, it was time to send the newlyweds off on their honeymoon. Corin changed into a gorgeous Chanel emerald green suit and we threw rose petals and rice at them. Before they poofed off to Greece (plane tickets not needed with a Watcher, remember?), we released lanterns into the sky as a tradition in Corin's family from her mortal days. The whole sky lit up as we sent blessings up to the heavens for them to have a wonderful eternity together. Then we all hugged them and they—along with their luggage—flew into the night. We wished them a wonderful honeymoon.

            After everyone else had dispersed, we—the family—went back inside the main Cullen home and just as we started getting comfortable we heard a painful howl outside and we all froze. That's when Nessie walked into the living room with tears streaming down her face and said:

"I'm pregnant."

To be continued....

~Carlisle Cullen