Unforgivable

Beta: Cyndaquil05

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

Warnings: Addressed at the bottom of chapter 2.

Shout out to my beta for editing this so quick and inspiring a scene. :thumbs up:

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

Cause another and another coming up out of the gutter

Till I'm drowning in an ocean of entitled motherfuckers

And they're pushing all my buttons

But they never seem to wonder why

Another and another, ask each other...

Angry Too by Lola Blanc

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

(Interlude - Hotoro)

Hotoro felt nauseous as he read the latest missive—this one from the daimyo of the Land of Fire, Mo.

In his deal with the devil, Orochimaru, Hotoro had rushed to rebuild his shinobi village to remain as a powerhouse. He unofficially sanctioned Orochimaru to do whatever it took to make this a possibility, and deliberately turned a blind eye to the heinous acts the monster had performed. He should have known Konoha would inevitably get involved, but he had hoped that by that point it would be too late and the new village—Otogakure—would be too strong for them to take on.

Instead, they were found out early and his new village was utterly destroyed. The crimes and cruelty Hotoro neglected to prevent were brought to light and now all the countries were demanding justice.

Mo from the Land of Fire, and Juko from the Land of Lightning, were especially vehement. Both threatening to declare war and take over the entire country if Hotoro didn't perform what they asked.

Hotoro was relatively positive Juko was only getting involved because no one wanted Mo—Konoha—to grab more power. They were already considered nearly impossible to defeat one on one thanks to their absurdly powerful monsters.

Hotoro definitely didn't want Mo to take his land away, but he really didn't want to give into their commands. The amount of money they were asking for reparations would destroy his country's economy. Even if Hotoro sold every single item in his possession—and the nobles did the same—it would not be enough! It was absurd—ridiculous!

Juko's demands were much more reasonable, but this current missive from Mo blatantly warned Hotoro that giving into Juko would inevitably mean war.

War.

In his country.

Between Kumogakure and Konohagakure.

His country would be destroyed. Whatever was left of it would be... would be... nothing.

Hotoro would give anything for his country to be saved.

But what could he do?

Give in to Mo and the economy would be viciously torn down and his people left to starve, or give in to Juko and have those vile Konoha monsters destroy his country out of spite?

He should have never made that deal with Orochimaru.

He should have helped Kirigakure.

He should have...