Beautiful

Art used was made by Kira-Tsume on deviantART.

Disclaimer: The beautiful story of Naruto belongs to Kishimoto, as do all his characters. Naasica is the only character that belongs to me.

Warning: All warnings were addressed at the bottom of the second chapter.

Beta: Cyndaquil123

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

-Alfred

"Like ships in the night, you keep passing me by... trying to prove who's right. And if it all comes crashing into the sea, will you be here for me...?"

"What's that, Naa-chan?" Tsunade inquired.

I looked up at her, smiling. "A song."

"Mm... never heard of that song before," Tsunade hummed.

I merely shrugged in response. "How much longer until you have to leave, Nee-chan?"

Tsunade gave me a coy look, before she scooped me up and tossed me into the air. I let out a peal of giggles, and squeals when she caught me and proceeded to tickle me. "Hmm... I was supposed to have left by now, but I just know that pervert is gonna be late, so I might as well have some fun, ne?"

"P-P-Please l-let go," I squealed, trying to squirm away.

Her eyes lit up. "Never!"

. . .

. .

.

The tension was thick in the village.

Kakashi stayed with me throughout that time period. I had rolled out the guest matt in my room, placing it beside my bed. Right before bed, I would head into the bathroom and create a clone to spend the evening with him, while I trained with Madara. He never noticed the substitution, and he seemed content enough with the situation.

When Kushina returned, she did not ask why he was there, nor did she ask him to leave.

Everyone knew the story.

We did not return to the academy, and would not until the day of the test. We woke up early, left for our usual training field, and trained. Occasionally, Minato would train with us throughout the day, or he would just train in the evenings. Regardless, this routine had settled into effect.

Every now and then, Zetsu would inform me that a ROOT member was following me. They never stayed too long, as the moment I became aware of their existence, I pointedly sought out Minato or Kushina.

Madara told me that Danzō was annoyed with me, but he told me so in an amused tone. He said thanks to the Zetsu spores I had left behind from our initial meeting, he was getting all sorts of information. Valuable information.

It was a week before the graduation test.

Kakashi had his hands shoved in his pocket, and he walked beside me in the nearly empty street. The night sky twinkled above us, and a companionable silence fell between us. Minato was trailing behind us, humming a happy tune.