Burning Orange

Disclaimer: I, Darkpetal16, do not own Naruto.

Warning: All warnings are addressed at the bottom of chapter two.

Beta:

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

It's a deep and silent night,

I cannot hear anything,

sleep for eternity!

The grieving, the fury, enveloped inside

Such a maelstrom, it roars so loud

I'm losing my way in, the darkness tonight

Silent, I'm fading out.

- Silent Solitude by Sam Luff

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

"What are you doing with those Poprocks?" I asked, narrowing my eyes with suspicion at Obito. I had only finished warming up Naruto's bottle for his evening meal when I turned around and found Obito squatting down and holding a bag of poprocks out towards the toddler.

"I've always wanted to see what a baby's face looks like when they eat poprocks," Obito said innocently.

My left arm transformed into wood and I whipped it around to slap Obito on the arm. "Step away from the baby, you idiot! You don't give poprocks to someone that young. He could choke!"

"But—but—c'mon, Oni-hime," Obito whined.

"No," I snapped, spikes growing out of my arm. "Go help Kakashi make dinner before I hit you again."

Obito puffed out his cheeks before doing as told and headed into the kitchen. I heard Kakashi's snort behind me followed up with Obito's typical Shut up.

My arm returned to normal and I smiled at Naruto, who sat upright in his highchair. I leaned towards him, gently kissing his forehead. "Your uncle is silly."

Naruto reached up, innocent smile on his face, and grabbed my hair with tiny hand. With ease, I lifted him up out of his chair and placed the sippy cup in his hands.

The toddler suckled on the sippy cub for a minute before looking up at me and saying, "Candy!"

"No candy," I disagreed as Kakashi left the kitchen and came into the living room.

"Candy," Naruto insisted.

"This is why we don't leave you alone with Jiraiya," Kakashi sighed with a small head shake. Jiraiya, Naruto's godfather, had visited a two months ago for Naruto's first birthday. He had stolen his godson for the entire day afterward and brought him back home hyped up on sugar, and taught him a new word.

That word being: candy

I passed Naruto off to Kakashi, kissing both on the cheek. "I need to do some paperwork for the next council meeting."

"I'll make sure he finishes dinner then give him a bath," Kakashi said, easily adjusting his grip on the toddler.

"Candy!" Naruto cried out.