The Moon Rises

Beta

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

The

Moon

Was

Red

.

.

.

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

I woke up in a warm bed. I was in between two familiar bodies and scents.

My eyes flew open.

Kakashi smiled at me. "Good morning."

"Kashi," I whispered, my eyes burning. "It's you? It's really you?"

"Well, yeah—"

I threw my arms around him, choking back a sob. "Oh, Kakashi. Oh. I love you. I love you so much—"

Suddenly, more arms were around us. I could feel Obito squeezing us tightly.

"I love you both," Obito cried, burying his face in my back.

"Gah, what's gotten into you two?" Kakashi demanded. "You're squeezing way too hard."

I couldn't speak; couldn't respond. Tears poured out of my eyes.

"Breakfast~" sung a—

I gasped, bolting out of bed. I hurtled down the hallway, stumbling to a stop when I saw—

Kushina.

She was at the stove top, flipping an omelet onto a plate. Minato beside her, setting the table. Both of them beamed at me.

"Good morning," Kushina said brightly, smiling radiantly at me.

"Hungry?" asked Minato. "We made a lot."

I fell to the floor, the first of many sobs escaping me.

"Oh no," cried out Kushina. She rushed to me, pulling me in her—

Ah. I've missed this smell.

"I missed you," I hiccuped. "I missed you so much. I—I—"

"Little sapling, what's wrong?"

I cried harder at that voice because suddenly Grandmother was there. She was kneeling beside me, gently, kindly, warmly rubbing my back.

"It was so hard," I wept. "I—I—I'm s-s-s-o—-I—"

"Shh, shh," soothed Grandmother. "There, there, my little sapling. You're okay."

"That's right," echoed Kushina. "You're okay."

"We're here," said Minato.

"Everything will be okay," promised Kakashi.

"You've nothing to worry about anymore," Obito said.

"Did you have a bad dream?" Grandmother asked. She glared at Obito and Kakashi. "You boys kept her up too late, didn't you?"
"Wha—did not!" Obito immediately protested, wide-eyed.

"Yeah, we were perfect angels," Kakashi said, eyes sparkling with mirth.

"Can we not?" grumbled Naruto as he came into the dining room. "Ugh, I need my own place."