Red

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto

Warnings: All warnings are addressed on the bottom of chapter 2.

Beta: Cyndaquil123

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง  

I see how you're going crazy

Always thinkin' 'bout me

Baby on the daily

Feed me your negativity

Talk some more about me

I know that you "love" me

Monster by Kira

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง  

I love my family.

I love my clan.

I would do anything to keep them from feeling pain.

I am merciful.

I am kind.

I will take them away from this wretched world so they will not ever feel pain again.

I am right.

I am a hero.

They will thank me later.

. . .

. .

.

Nebu's coronation was held on a beautifully sunny afternoon. The throne room was adorned with gold and red banners, and a very small genjutsu over the ceiling to make it seem like it was constantly raining golden petals. Every human of importance in the Land of Fire was in attendance, and each one dressed up in extravagant and gorgeous kimonos.

It was even more grand than the opening banquet, and the air was suffocatingly prim. Musicians played in perfect harmony at each corner of the massive room, filling it with loud and obnoxious noise. Women fanned themselves and batted eyelashes as the men, who in turn swaggered and smirked as they mingled.

Konoha's delegation would normally be seated somewhere in the middle, but Nebu saw fit to have our group at the front. It was a bold showing of favor, one that his allies and enemies would not miss.

Konoha has strong ties with this daimyo, it said.

Those wanting to gain favor with the daimyo would be more likely to show support to Konoha by extension. More missions would come our way. More missions meant more money, and more money meant we could go to war again even sooner whenever Nebu desired us to.

That was what Konoha ultimately wanted; the power and wealth that came with victory in war.

Oh sure, officially we would mourn those we lost.