Descent

Art used was created by Cantrona on deviantART. 

Disclaimer: Naruto does not belong to me. Not even a little bit.

Warning: Antagonistic OC, death, gore, kidnapping, etc. All further warnings will be addressed at the bottom of the second chapter.

Beta: Cyndaquil123

Summary: The stories goes with someone always trying to do good in the Narutoverse, but good is a subjective term. What qualifies as 'good' for them, could be drastically different for those who actually live in the Narutoverse. Realistic Antagonist OC. OC SI Self-Insert Antagonistic!OC Gray!OC Dark!OC

This is an Antagonistic!OC. As in there will be some less-than-sociably-acceptable things in this story. If you're uncomfortable with those types of things, or character death, please don't continue (not that there's all that much in the first chapter).

(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง  

I don't think anyone really wants to be reborn in the Narutoverse. Not... not in the real Narutoverse. Not in the harsh and cruel one. The good one, maybe. Where everything seems bright and alright in their eyes, maybe. The real one, though? No... no... you would have to be an idiot to want to be reborn there. I know I didn't want to be reborn in this world; I was perfectly content with sitting back and reading others' stories or daydreaming about a perfect and bright world.

I didn't actually want this.

That wasn't going to say I was going to fight it, here either. What was there to fight anyway? It happened already, there was nothing I could do to stop what had already occurred. All I could do was make the most of the situation. And what was that exactly?

Survival for starters.

It was such a strange thing. Knowing that I had to actively work and train just to survive the upcoming events. I had never had to do such a thing before in my previous life. Never had to go the extra mile, push myself to the limit both mentally and physically... just for the right to live. The concept itself was alien to me, and unsettled me. It was a reminder that I was no longer in my safe world, no longer in my homeworld period.

It wasn't as hard as I feared it would be, though. The discipline would be hard, yes. Extraordinarily hard compared to my rather lazy (in comparison) lifestyle before. It was my body, my very structure, and the way I subconsciously moved.

I had been lucky in the way I was reborn, I suppose. I had been blessed (or cursed) enough to be reborn in a shinobi clan, with generations of shinobi and kunoichi trailing behind me. My body was built far differently than what I was used to. For instance, I had more control over my physical body than what I thought possible for someone of my age, and my muscles weren't so loose and flabby at birth. There was a feeling of endurance seemingly built into this body, and at times it both thrilled and terrified me.

I was thrilled that my body was made for combat, it was made for training and that alone would make reaching my goal of being strong enough to survive, far easier. It also made adapting to my small body easier - I wouldn't have to feel so helpless when I could easily grip or move about.

It terrified me because it was yet another reminder that I would inevitably be using this body to kill. That I became a weapon.

And of course I would travel the kunoichi path. Civilians died far too easily for my liking unless they had connections. Besides, due to my family, I had everything I needed to train.