carolnat

"How are we looking? Anything new?" Natasha asked, exhaustion laced in her voice.

It was time for the groups monthly check in. Okoye, Rhodey, Carol, and Rocket all stood before her. Not in person of course, they were all too busy. Natasha hasn't had physical human contact in a little over a month. Steve stopped coming by with groceries and she was too tired to leave the complex.

Natasha's weight kept going down, the only thing keeping her from starving were dry peanut butter sandwiches. She didn't think anyone would notice, and no one did. Well, Carol did. When Carol showed up to the complex, she immediately took interest in Natasha. It set off a spark inside of her.

The two got close after Natasha woke up screaming. She had had a nightmare about the snap and Carol was the only one in the complex. She cried with her, talked with her, she stayed there until Natasha fell asleep. It was at that moment that Carol knew that she wanted to protect her.

Everyone filled her in on current events. Nothing too major. Natasha's attention went to Carol. "Carol, are we seeing you here next month?" she asked, hopefully.

She forced herself to look Natasha in the eyes. "Not likely. The things that are happening here, are happening everywhere else. On thousands of planets, so might not see me for a long time."

Natasha heart shattered. She was already so broken, she didn't know if she could take anymore nights alone. The night Carol left, she promised Natasha that she would be back soon. She promised only two months away.

"Uh, ok. I think we're all good here. I'll check in with you guys in a month." Natasha watched as each figure disappeared until it was just her and Carol.

"Tasha I-" Carol began.

"You promised!"Natasha yelled, slamming her fists on the table.

Carol didn't say anything. "Do you know how lonely I am over here?! Do you even care? I haven't been outside in weeks, I rarely eat, no one visits anymore, and I'm tired of living!" Natasha was full on screaming by now.

Carol's heart dropped at the last sentence. She doesn't want to live? Natasha grabbed a random glass plate that was on the table and threw it at Carol. Of course, it went straight through the hologram.

"Why are you leaving me too?" Natasha fell to the ground, too weak to support herself.

Her jacket slipped of her shoulders and Carol's eyes went wide at the sight of her. "Nat, your bones are showing! When was the last time you ate?"

Natasha didn't look up at her. She couldn't. Carol filled with anger. She wasn't angry at Natasha, but at herself.

"I'm sorry, baby. I wanted to come home but I can't. There's too much going on and these people need me." Carol cried.

"I need you too." Natasha whispered, not wanting Carol to hear. Carol heard.

"Carol, I cant keep waiting for you."

Those words shot through her body like a bullet. "W-what?"

Natasha finally looked up at her, pulling her jacket back over her shoulders. "I'm going to die if I keep waiting for you to come home. You can't be there for me and I can't be there for you. And I love you. I love you so much, but I can't keep doing this. I'm sorry."

Carol didn't say anything else. She just logged off, leaving Natasha alone yet again.

A/N: hey! it's been a while! i'm so so sorry!! school has been beating me into the ground and i haven't been motivated at all. so sorry if this one is bad, i didn't proofread