nat x sam

A/N: always thought they would be a badass couple 😌 also we're going back to infinity war bitches

Third Person P.O.V

Thanos walked through that portal and kicked everyone's asses like it was nothing. The Avengers didn't back down though. This was their fight and they had to win. Even though the Avengers were spilt up their bonds still held together. Some bonds even grew stronger.

Natasha was always intrigued by Sam. It didn't matter what he was doing, Natasha wanted to know what he was up to. She trained with him, had movie nights with him, and they even pranked the rest of their teammates. She genuinely felt happy around him and that was scary for her.

Natasha always tried her best to not show her feelings to her friends and she was good at it for a long time. Then here comes Sam Wilson. He would stayed up all night with her when she was feeling suicidal, when it was "that time" of the month, he made runs for her, he took care of her when she needed it most.

And as much as she adored it, it scared her to death. She hated being so vulnerable, but with Sam, she felt so safe. Safe was always something so unfamiliar to her. But now it's all she feels. Natasha has made it clear to Sam that she would die for him; Sam just smiled at her and told her that she wasn't going to die. Not while he's around.

Now here they are, fighting side by side; trying to defeat a grape with a rock collection. They tried so hard to kill him. Everyone tried. Thor eventually came falling out of the sky, drilling an axe into Thanos' chest. And for a split second, Natasha thought she would be able to go back home with Sam and they could go and eat real food while watching Netflix.

She looked at Sam when Thanos held up the infinity gauntlet and snapped his fingers. And then just like that, he was gone. He went back through a portal. At first, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. That was until Bucky started to stumble around.

"Steve?" Bucky collapsed, but before he could hit the ground, he turned to dust.

Sam's mouth went dry; Natasha held her breath. "What the hell?" She whispered.

"Oh god." Natasha's heard Sam say.Her heart dropped when she looked over at him.

His fingers were slowly fading away. "No, not you." She whimpered. Natasha reached out to touch his face one last time. "Please don't go."

"Natasha, I love you." He said, a single tear falling from his left eye. She leaned in closer; so did he.

But before their lips met, he was gone. Natasha squeezed her eyes shut and fell to the ground. "Damn it!"

More and more people began to fade away. Screams and cries rang out through the fields. Steve ran over to Natasha, who was sobbing. She was staring at a pile of dust. She was staring at Sam.

"Natasha, c'mon." Steve said, his voice broken. He reached out a hand; she ignored it. Natasha grabbed a fistful of the ashes and cried.

"We can't leave him here." She looked up at Steve with blood shot eyes. He finally broke down. "Nat, let him go."

She didn't want to let go. She didn't want to leave him here. The wind picked up and stirred the ashes from everyone into the air. Natasha tried to grab on to some; failing. Steve picked her up and ignored her crying and squirming. Natasha gave up and clung on to him like he was the only person left. Because that's what it felt like.

A/N: this one is actually so bad, i'm sorry