Search for Proof

Carina's POV

It's December now and nearly time for the Christmas holidays. I've decided to stay. Anyway Hermione told me how her and the boys are looking for information on a guy called Nicolas Flamel. So I've been researching whenever I'm not in class, doing homework, eating or sleeping.

But one night I stayed late in the library I saw Quirrell go to the restricted section. He'd also gone to the section on magical creatures and how to tame them. I found this suspicious and decide to tell Snape. Only problem I don't know where his office is or where the staff room is.

So I go in search of my cousin instead. I find him with his friends leaving the great hall. "Draco, I need to speak with you" I state.

"Of course, I'll meet you guys in the dorm" he tells his friends. They left us and he smiles at me. "Have you finally decided to accept your heritage?" he asks me.

"I accept who my parents are, doesn't mean I follow your ideals. I need to talk to Professor Snape, can you show me to his office?" I ask him.

"Why do you have to see him?" he asks me confused.

"None of your business" I tell him.

"Then I guess I can't help you" he tells me and goes to leave.

"I'll spend one meal a week at your table" I bargain and he stops.

"One day a week" he bargains back.

"Two meals over two days and no more" I shot back.

"Deal" he says shaking my hand. "This way" he adds heading for the dungeons and I follow him. "You know my mother asked me to invite you over for Christmas" he tells me.

"I'm staying here over Christmas" I tell him.

"Shame, my mother wanted to meet you" he mumbles.

"Why?" I ask him confused and he shrugs.

"Here we are, I expect to see you tonight at the feast" he tells me before leaving. I knock on the door and it soon opens.

"Yes?" Snape asks with a raised eyebrow.

"I wish to discuss something important with you, it's about the quidditch match" I tell him.

"What about it?" he asks me not interested.

"I know you were trying to protect Harry and I know who jinxed his broom" I state.

"Come in" he says and lets me in. He shuts and wards the door so we're not overheard. "How did you figure out who it was?" he asks me.

"I had binoculars and was using them to watch the match with my friend Hermione. She saw you talking looking at Harry when his broom went crazy. But I didn't believe you'd do that so I looked at the others in you box. I saw Quirrell staring directly Harry unblinking" I start to explain.

"Anyway Hermione bumped into him and when I looked back at Harry. He'd regained control of his broom. I've been watching Quirrell since and he's been going to the library a lot. A couple weeks ago I saw him in the magical creatures section looking up on how to tame them. Then last night I had fallen asleep in the library due to studying.

I was waken by someone entering the library. I was hidden in shadows and saw Quirrell go into the restricted section. He'll probably return there again" I finish explain.

"Not a lot to go on Miss Black" he tells me.

"I know, but it's the best I could do without breaking school rules" I tell him.

"Very well, I shall investigate the mater" he tells me. "But why come to me with this information?" he asks me.

"Since I didn't believe you'd jinx Harry's broom. I figured out you were muttering a counter curse to stop it. So I knew you'd probably be looking for the person responsible" I state.

"Thank you, but I must ask you to stop tailing Quirrell. If he is a danger, you're no match for him. Even though you've bested a troll, so focus on school work. I shall take over from here" he assures me.

"Of course and good luck" I say before leaving. My tummy rumbles and I decide to go get a snack. So I go to the kitchens and grab a bite. Before returning to the light and meet Talbot.

"I believe you're ready to make the potion. Here's a mandrake leaf hold it in your mouth for an entire month" he instructs. "During this month, Penny shall help you make the animagus potion in artifact room. Don't get caught" he tells me before leaving. I look at the leaf and decide to put it in my mouth tonight after dinner. I knew if I failed to keep it in my mouth all month, I'd have to start the whole process again. But I'm determined to not fail.

A/N

Picture above of Quirrell and on the external link of Snape.

I won't update this story again until the new year.