Snuffles is a Wizard

Carina's POV

So we all decided to go down and see Hagrid before the execution. Buckbeak had lost his appeal. I meet the others in the entrance hall and joined them under Harry's invisibility cloak. We got to Hagrid's undetected and I started to help Hermione prepare us all some tea. As Hagrid's hands were shaking badly, he broke a milk jug. So while I deal with the kettle, Hermione went to get the spare milk jug.

"Ron, I don't believe it... It's Scabbers!" Hermione suddenly exclaims. Ron gaped at her. Asking her what she was talking about. Hermione carried the milk jug over to the table and turned it upside down. With a frantic squeak, and much scrambling to get back inside, Scabbers the rat came sliding out onto the table.

"Scabbers, what are you doing here?" Ron asks. He grabbed the struggling rat and held him up to the light. Scabbers looked dreadful. He was thinner than ever, large tufts of hair had fallen out leaving wide bald patches, and he writhed in Ron's hands as though desperate to free himself. "It's okay Scabbers. No cats! There's nothing here to hurt you!" he assures Scabbers.

Hagrid suddenly stood up, his eyes fixed on the window. His normally ruddy face had gone the color of parchment. "They're coming" he states. We all whipped around to see he is right. Ron stuffed Scabbers into his pocket and we all got under the cloak. We went out the back door.

We set off silently around Hagrid's house. As we reached the other side, the front door closed with a sharp snap. We started up the sloping lawn toward the castle. The sun was sinking fast now; the sky had turned to a clear, purple-tinged gray, but to the west there was a ruby-red glow.

When suddenly, Ron stopped dead in his tracks. "Oh please Ron" Hermione begs.

"It's Scabbers... He won't stay put" Ron states.  Ron was bent over, trying to keep Scabbers in his pocket. But the rat was going berserk; squeaking madly, twisting and flailing, trying to sink his teeth into Ron's hand. "Scabbers, it's me, you idiot, it's Ron" he hisses at the rat.

We heard a door open behind them and men's voices. "Oh, Ron, please let's move, they're going to do it!" Hermione says. We walked forward; Harry, like Hermione and I, was trying not to listen to the rumble of voices behind us. When Ron stopped again.

"I can't hold him -- Scabbers, shut up, everyone'll hear us" Ron states. The rat was squealing wildly, but not loudly enough to cover up the sounds drifting from Hagrid's garden. There was a jumble of indistinct male voices, a silence, and then, without warning, the unmistakable swish and thud of an axe.

Hermione swayed on the spot while I support her. "Hagrid" Harry breaths and goes to walk back to the hut. But both Ron and Hermione seized his arms.

"We can't Harry" I tell him.

"He'll be in worse trouble if they know we've been to see him" Ron adds.  Hermione's breathing was shallow and uneven.

"How could they?" she chokes out.

"Come on" Ron says through clutched teeth. We set off back toward the castle, walking slowly to keep ourselves hidden under the cloak. The light was fading fast now. By the time we reached open ground, darkness was settling like a spell around us. "Scabbers, keep still" he hisses.

Suddenly Ron yelped in pain. "OUCH! He bit me!" Ron exclaims.

"Ron, be quiet!" Hermione hisses.  Scabbers was plainly terrified. He was writhing with all his might, trying to break free of Ron's grip. "What's the matter with him?" I ask with Hermione. Just then Crookshanks and Honoria appear.

"No, go away, Crookshanks! Go away!" Hermione says.

"Leave it Honoria" I tell her. Both come nearer. The rat had slipped between Ron's clutching fingers, hit the ground, and scampered away. In one bound, Crookshanks sprang after him with Honoria. Before Harry or Hermione or I could stop him, Ron had thrown the Invisibility Cloak off himself and pelted away into the darkness. After the three animals.

We groan pulling the cloak off and sprint after him. It streamed behind us like a banner as we hurtled after Ron. Wecould hear his feet thundering along ahead and his shouts at the cats.  "Get away from him, get away! Scabbers, come here!" he shouts.

There was a loud thud. We almost fell over Ron as we skidded to a stop. He was sprawled on the ground, but Scabbers was back in his pocket; he had both hands held tight over the quivering lump. Hermione tells Ron to get back under the cloak. But he wasn't paying her any attention looking behind us in horror.

"Carina, Harry, Hermione run! It's the Grim!" he shouts pointing behind us. We whip around and I see Snuffles glaring at Ron snarling. He runs towards him, knocking over Harry in the process. He grabs Ron's leg and starts to drag him away.

"Ron!" Hermione and Harry shout. We run after them. We end up at the Whopping Willow. Snuffles and Ron got past it. But it started to attack the three of us. Until Honoria and Crookshanks shot forward, pressing the knot at the base of the tree. It stops attacking.

"How did they know?" Hermione asks bewildered.

"They're friends with that dog, I've seen them together" Harry states.

"He's name is Snuffles, and he is usually very sweet" I state. We enter the tunnel and take our wands out lighting them. We follow the tunnel with the two cats. We soon reach a staircase and go up it. We unlit our wands and follow a trial of blood upstairs. We find Ron lays against a bed, holding Scabbers with one hand and clutching his injured leg with the other.

"Ron, where's the dog?" Harry asks.

"He's not a dog, he's an animagus" Ron states pointing behind us. We turn and see a man, a wizard close the door. I was shocked, Snuffles is a wizard. Not just any wizard, but Sirius Black.

A/N

Picture above of Sirius Black.