1st Third Year Classes: Part 1

Carina's POV

I decide to join the trio for breakfast after I got my time table. "We're starting new classes today" I tell them.

"She's right" Hermione agrees as she reads her schedule.

"Hermione, they've messed up your timetable. Look -- they've got you down for about ten subjects a day. There isn't enough time" Ron states as he looks at her schedule.

"I'll manage. I've fixed it all with Professor McGonagall" Hermione tells him.

"Besides I'm doing pretty much all the subjects as well. Only not Divination. I organized everything with Professor Flitwick" I add. Hermione and I had each received a time turner from our heads of house. With strict rules and guide lines to follow on the use of them.

"But look, see this morning? Nine o'clock, Divination. And underneath, nine o'clock, Muggle Studies. And look -- underneath that, Arithmancy, nine o'clock. I mean, I know you're good, Hermione, but no one's that good. How're you supposed to be in three classes at once? Or you three classes at once?" Ron asks us.

"Don't be silly, of course I won't be in three classes at once" Hermione snips.

"Nor will I be taking more then one class as a time" I add. "Besides, we've told you we've fixed it all with our heads of house. So drop it" I tell Ron. Hagrid walks up to us.

"Yer in my firs' ever lesson! Right after lunch! Bin up since five getting' everthin' ready...hope it's OK...me, a teacher...hones'ly" he says happily before walking away.

"Wonder what he's been getting ready?" Ron muses looking anxious.

"You three had better go" I state as I look at Hermione's timetable.

"She's right, Divination's at the top of North Tower. It'll take us ten minutes to get there" Hermione tells the boys. They finished breakfast hastily, said goodbye and left the great hall. I'm joined by the twins.

"Where are they going?" Fred asks me.

"North Tower for Divination. I feel sorry for them" I state.

"What class do you have first?" George asks.

"Arithmancy, should be educational" I tell him.

"Boring" they say and I chuckle. I finish my breakfast.

"See you boys later" I  tell them and head to Muggle Studies. I wait outside for Hermione and she soon appears looking out of breath. "How was divination?" I ask her in a quiet voice.

"I'll tell you about it on the way to Muggle Studies" she tells me. I nod and we go in and take our seats. Professor Vector did the roll and stood up to address us all.

"Arithmancy was a magical discipline that studied the magical properties of numbers, including predicting the future with numbers and numerology. Those who studied and practiced Arithmancy were called Arithmancers. There are a few careers that require you to know arithmancy. A curse breaker, those who wish to study time, professors and many others.

Homework assignments, which included writing essays, required the consultation and/or composition of complicated number charts. Today we'll start with the basics and we'll work our way up the the harder calculations through out the year" she tells us. "Take out your books and read chapter one and do the questions at the end of it" she instructs. We do so.

After class Hermione and I went to a broom closet. "So what happened in divination?" I ask her curious.

"We did tea leaves and apparently Professor Trelawney saw the Grim in Harry's cup. But it looked nothing like a grim to me" she states.

"From what my cousin told me about her. That's how she likes to great every new class. She said Nymph would die and she is now an auror" I tell her.

"Do you think she's a fraud? Like Lockhart?" she asks me.

"I don't believe so, she has made a prophecy before. So she is a true seer. But likes to show off" I state. She nods her head. "We should go" I add taking out my time turner and she does the same. We go back into time and headed to Muggle Studies. Where we are taught by Professor Burbage. This is her first year teaching muggle studies.

(Time Skip)

Muggle Studies was good. Though Hermione and I may of corrected the professor once or twice during it. But we still wrote down everything from the lecture. And didn't complain about the homework she set us. Hermione and I walked to Transfiguration together.

We took our usual seats at the table next to the boys. McGonagall did the roll call. Then started to tell us about animagi. If only she knew I already am one.  No one even reacted when she transformed herself in front of our eyes into a tabby cat with spectacle markings around her eyes. She turns human again looking at us all confused.

"Really, what has got into you all today?" she asks us. "Not that it matters, but that's the first time my transformation's not got applause from a class" she states. Everybody's heads turned toward Harry again, but nobody spoke. Then Hermione raised her hand.

"Please, Professor, we've just had our first Divination class, and we were reading the tea leaves, and..." Hermione starts to explain.

"Ah, of course" McGonagall says with a frown.  "There is no need to say any more, Miss Granger. Tell me, which of you will be dying this year?" she asks the class.

"Me" Harry states.

"I see" she says looking at him. "Then you should know, Potter, that Sibyll Trelawney has predicted the death of one student a year since she arrived at this school. None of them has died yet. Seeing death omens is her favorite way of greeting a new class. If it were not for the fact that I never speak ill of my colleagues. Divination is one of the most imprecise branches of magic. I shall not conceal from you that I have very little patience with it. True Seers are very rare" she explains.

"Told you so" I mutter to Hermione.

"You look in excellent health to me, Potter, so you will excuse me if I don't let you off homework today. I assure you that if you die, you need not hand it in" McGonagall tells him. Class continued as McGonagall gives us a lecture on animagi. I take notes with Hermione.

A/N

Gif above of McGonagall turning from cat to witch.