Who Betrayed the Potters?

Carina's POV

I stand in front of Harry wand at the ready. "You want to kill Harry uncle, you'll have to go through me first" I state.

"No, only one will die tonight" he tells me.

"And it'll be you!" Harry shouts. Pushing past me tackling Sirius to the ground. Pointing his wand at his throat.

"Are you going to kill me Harry?" Sirius asks chuckling. Suddenly Professor Lupin appears disarming Harry and I. Hermione pulls Harry back over to us. As Lupin approaches my uncle wand still raised.

"Looking a bit ragged, aren't we, Sirius? Finally the skin reflects the madness within" Lupin states.

"You'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?" Sirius asks him. The two regard each other, the moment taut with tension. Then Lupin steps forward and embraces my uncle like a brother.

"No! I trusted you! I covered up for you. And all this time you've been his friend!" Hermione exclaims pointing at Lupin. "He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes" she tells the boys.

"Hermione, that wasn't your secret to tell" I say in a scolding tone.

"How long have you both known?" Lupin asks us.

"Since Professor Snape set the essay" Hermione states.

"Since the first week of school" I say shrugging.

"You both are the brightest witches of your age I've ever met Carina , Hermione" he states. My uncle laughs.

"What do expect from twins?" he asks rolling his eyes. "Yes, they glow like the sun. And you howl at the moon. Enough talk! He dies. Now. If you won't do it with me, Remus, I'll do it alone" he states.

"Wait, Sirius..." Lupin tries to say.

"I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In Azkaban! Trust me, you wouldn't have lasted a week" Sirius states.

"No uncle, you will not be killing anyone until you tell us why" I snap.

"She's right, and Harry has the right to know the truth before you kill him" Remus states.

"I know, why. You betrayed my parents! You are the reason they are dead" Harry states.

"It's a lie! I never would've betrayed James and Lily!" Sirius exclaims.

"No Harry it wasn't him" Lupin states. "Someone else betrayed your parents, Harry. Someone in this room right now. Someone who, until quite recently, I believed to be dead" he explains.

"Who was it then?" Harry demands.

"Peter Pettigrew, and he's in this room right now" Sirius states. "Come out, come out, Peter. Come out, come out and play" he saysim a simg song voice. Just then Snape appears and he disarms Lupin & Sirius.

"Ah, vengeance is sweet. How I hoped I'd be the one to catch you" he sneers pointing his wand at my uncle.

"Severus..." Lupin tries to say.

"I told Dumbledore you were helping your old friend into the castle. And here's the proof" Snape states.

"Brilliant! And as usual dead wrong. Now give us our wands back. Remus and I have a bit of unfinished business to tend to" Sirius tells him.

"Give me a reason. I beg you" Snape sneers pointing his wand at Sirius throat.

"Don't be a fool, Severus" Lupin tells him.

"He can't help it. It's habit by now" Sirius tells him.

"Quiet Sirius" Lupin tells him.

"Be quiet yourself Remus" he snaps back. I notice Harry knicking Hermione's wand while the adults are distracted. I eye mine on the bed behind Snape. I concentrate hard thinking accio wand. It slowly begins to move towards me.