Hogwarts Letter

(1st of July, 1991) Carina's POV

I ran down the stairs into the kitchen as my cousin yelled behind me. "Hide me uncle Teddy!" I shout laughing as I hid behind him. My name is Carina Black, daughter of Regulus Black. I live with my god mother Andromeda Tonks, who is my dad's third cousin on his mother's side. But first cousin on his father's side. Makes her my cousin to, but I've always called her Aunt Andy.

"What did you do this time Carina?" he asks me chuckling.

"She thought it'd be funny to draw on my face" Nymph states as she enters the room. Her name is Nymphadora Tonks. But she dislikes her first name and has everyone call her Tonks. However, she lets me call her Nymph.

"Carina dear, we told you not to prank your cousin" Aunt Andy tells me.

"Sorry Auntie and sorry Nymph" I say smiling. They roll their eyes.

"Oh, this came for you this morning Carina" Uncle Teddy says handing me a letter.

"It's from Hogwarts!" I squeal excitedly.

"Will read it" Nymph tells me. I sit down and open the letter.

"Dear Miss Black, we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry" I read out loud. They all cheer congratulating me. We then ate breakfast while I looked through my book list.

"Go get your clock Carina, I'm taking you to Diagon Alley" Nymph tells me and I frown.

"Don't you have work?" I ask her. She had recently started training to become an auror under Alastor Moody. The best auror in the world.

"Nope, Mad-eye gave me the morning off to go shopping with you. But it's going to be a long night" she tells me.

"Oh, here you go dear. You can finally access your father's vault" Aunt Andy says handing me a golden key. "Though you  won't claim your full inheritance until your seventeen" she adds. "I can't come as I was called into the hospital. But you three have fun" she states. The rest of us got ready and left for Diagon Alley.

Once there we went to the bank first and got some money. Nymph then took me to Madame Malkin's while Uncle Teddy went to collect my books. After my measurements were taken we went to the apothecary for my potions supplies. Then went to buy a telescope and she dropped me off at Mr Ollivanders as she had something to do.

I entered the story to see another girl my age already trying out wands. "Welcome Miss Black, I'll help you in a moment" an elderly man tells me. "Just let the tap measure your wand arm while I finish with Miss Granger" he adds. He must be Mr Ollivander.

I held out my arm and a tap started to measure it. But I focused on the girl as she picks up another wand. A warm light surrounded her. "That is your wand dear" Mr Ollivander tells her. She paid for it and sat down. "I'll go get wands for you to try Miss Black" he tells me and goes to browse the shelves.

"Hi, I'm Hermione Granger" the girls says smiling.

"Carina Black, pleasure to meet you" I tell her smiling.

"The pleasure is all mine" she states and we giggle. "Who are you here with?" she asks me.

"My uncle and cousin, you?" I ask.

"Madame Pince, she works at Hogwarts" she states. Just then a middle aged woman appeared in the window. "That's her, see you on the train" Hermione says smiling and leaves. Mr Ollivander returned and I started to test the wands. Until I finally found my wand.

(Wand: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/2425/2975/products/custom_resized_082bc037-a1a8-4efe-a780-6611e8d26b09_500x.jpg?v=1525550317 )

"Laurel wood, 10 3/4 inches with dragon heart string core. Curious" he says.

"What's curious sir?" I ask him.

"I remember every wand I ever sold Miss Black. It so happens the dragon whose heart-string that lays in your wand. Had a sibling and it's heart-strings lays in the wand of Miss Granger. Sister dragons, sister wands" he explains.

"Wow, that's cool" I say smiling. "I guess Hermione and I are going to be good friends" I states. I pay for the wand and turn to the window. To see Nymph standing there with a short eared owl in a cage.

(Owl: https://www.sorco.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Short-eared-Owl.jpg )

"Happy early birthday" she says when I exit the shop. "I thought I could give you a present early as we won't be able to celebrate your birthday as you'll be at Hogwarts" she explains. She hands me the cage. "What will you name her?" she asks me.

"Amber" I say smiling. We find Uncle Teddy who also gives me an early birthday present. It was my own copy of Hogwarts a History. We went home and I packed my school supplies into my trunk. Deciding to pack my other essentials when September drew closer. I then lay on my bed reading Hogwarts a History thinking about Hermione and our wands.

A/N

Picture above of Carina now and picture on the external link of the Tonks Family.