Escapee Uncle

(August 5th 1993) Carina's POV

School holidays have been great so far. I've had a sleep over at Hermione's. And tonight she is sleeping over at my house. Ron had gone to Egypt with his family, after winning the lottery. There was an article in the Daily Prophet about it the other day. With a photo of the whole Weasley family, with Scabbers on Ron's shoulder. Tonks pointed out Bill and Charlie to me.School letters have started to go out. Apparently Percy was made head boy. Today Hermione and I have gotten our letters.

Dear Miss Black,

Please note that the new school year will begin on September the first. The Hogwarts Express will leave from King's Cross station, platform nine and three-quarters, at eleven o'clock.

Third years are permitted to visit the village of Hogsmeade on certain weekends. Please give the enclosed permission form to your parent or guardian to sign.

A list of books for next year is enclosed.

Yours sincerely,

Professor M. McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

I then look at the book list.

Book List:

Numerology and Grammatica

Monster Book of Monsters

Ancient Runes Made Easy

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 3

The Essential Defense Against the Dark Arts

Intermediate Transfiguration

Rune Dictionary

Home Life and Social Habits of British Muggles

"I'm gonna go have my aunt sign this form" I tell Hermione. She nods her head and I go downstairs. I find my aunt. "Aunt Andy, can you please sign my permission slip for Hogsmeade?" I ask her.

"Of course dear" she says with a smile. I hand it to her and she signs it. I then go back to my room.

"She signed it" I say with a smile. We spend the rest of the afternoon reading. Until my aunt calls us down for dinner. We go to the dining room and I hug my uncle. "Where is Nymph?" I ask them confused.

"She hasn't finished work yet" my uncle states. Just then Tonks appears looking anxious. "What's wrong dear?" Uncle Ted asks her.

"Sirius Black has escaped Azkaban, we've spent all day searching for him. Kingsley went to tell the muggle prime-minister. It'll be advertised on the muggle news. It's being published tonight in the Daily Prophet and posters have been made" she explains. We all look at her shocked.

"Who's Sirius Black?" Hermione asks us confused.

"My uncle" I tell her sadly and Tonks wraps an arm around me.

"Sirius Black, possibly the most infamous prisoner ever to be held in Azkaban fortress. He murdered a wizard and twelve innocent muggles. Black is mad. He's a danger to anyone who crosses him, magic or Muggle" Aunt Andromeda explains.

"He is also Carina's dad brother" Uncle Ted adds.

"Oh Carina" Hermione says and hugs me. "You're not him" she states.

"Nymph, I want you to borrow Amber. You'll need her more then me until he is captured. I won't take no for an answer" I tell my cousin. She gives me a grateful smile.

"Thank you Carina, that'll be a great help" she tells me. "Keep your wand on you and do not go looking for Sirius Black. If you do see him, send me a patronus like I taught you" she states.

"Yes Nymph" I say. We all sit down and enjoy our dinner. Though it was not as cheery as usual. Hermione and I then went to my room afterwards. "Everyone is going to act differently when we go back to school" I say gloomily.

"Don't worry, Harry, Ron and I will stand by you. So will the twins you hang out with. Though I don't like them pulling into help them prank people" she states. I smile. "So did you ever know your uncle?" she asks me.

"Not really, I was just a baby" I tell her. "I never visited him in Azkaban, or wrote to him" I state. "He has dark brown hair and has grey eyes. Which most Blacks have" I explain. "Also unlike our relatives, he was not in Slytherin. He was actually in Gryffindor and friends with Harry's dad. From what I heard. I was the second of family not to be sorted into Slytherin" I explain.

"Wow, I thought he would of been in slytherin for sure" she says. "Do you think Harry knows?" she asks me.

"No, he was raised away from our world. He has no idea who Sirius Black is, let alone his connection to his family" I tell her. "We can't tell him or he may do something stupid" I state and she nods her head in agreement.  "I doubt I'll be let out of the house anytime soon with Sirius Black on the loose" I tell her.

"You're probably right" she states. We then start to read. We read for a couple of hours. Before getting ready for bed and calling it a night.

A/N

Picture above of Carina now and on the external link of the Sirius Black wanted poster.