Hogsmeade with Hermione

Carina's POV

"I'm so glad we got them back" I say as I admire my silver necklace. I'm in the gryffindor common room studying with Hermione. She's wearing her matching gold necklace. Her's has a ruby jewel and mine a sapphire.

"Same, they're beautiful and I don't usual wear necklaces" she states.

"But you'll wear it right?" I ask with pleading eyes. "It'll be like we're sisters" I state.

"Of course I will" she assures me. "It's Hogsmeade next weekend, want to go together?" she asks me.

"Ron and Harry still being idiots?" I ask and she nods her head. "Of course I will" I tell her with a smile. "I was meeting the Patils for lunch, care to join us?" I ask.

"Love too" she says with a smile. I notice the Patils.

"I'm gonna go let them know" I tell her. She nods her head and gets back to work as Harry appears with Ron. I ignore them and go over to the twins. "Hey girls" I say with a smile.

"Carina" they say happily.

"You know how we were meting for lunch this weekend?" I ask.

"You aren't bailing are you?" Parvati asks me.

"You promised" Padma reminds me.

"I'm not backing out, but can Hermione join us? She's been feeling down lately with the boys being idiots" I tell them.

"Of course she can" Padma tells me with a smile.

"Two ravenclaws and two gryffindors, love it" Parvati says with a smile.

"Awesome, see you girls then" I say with a smile. I return to Hermione. "It's all good" I tell her.

"Great" she says.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Harry is going to Hogsmeade again" she mutters.

"Seriously? Black almost killed him after the match" I state.

"I know, I tried to talk him out of it. But he wouldn't listen. He's going under his invisibility cloak though" she states.

"Well that's something at least" I say. "Anyway, join me for breakfast Saturday morning and we'll go to Hogsmeade together" I tell her. She agrees. I pick up Honoria and leave. Deciding to go see Snuffles.

"Hello Black" Malfoy says as I reach the entrance hall.

"Malfoy, what do you want this time?" I ask him as Honoria climbs onto my shoulders.

"Thought we could talk" he states.

"Well I have somewhere to be, can you make it quick?" I ask him.

"I know you don't like me Carina, but we're family" he reminds me. "I was hoping we could get to know each other better" he states. "How about we go to Hogsmeade together?" he suggests.

I already have plans with Hermione and the Patil twins" I tell him. "Some other time" I state.

"Ok, I'll await your owl" he states. I nod and he left. I go outside and find Snuffles near the lake. We hang out for a couple of hours. Me listing off some new names. He didn't like any of them.

(Time skip to Saturday)

"So where to?" I ask Hermione as we enjoyed breakfast.

"I want to send a letter to my parents, so the post office. I need some more ink, so the quill shop. Anywhere you need to go?" she asks me.

"I want to get a new pair of gloves for quidditch, so the sports store. A book I ordered has arrived at Tomes and Scrolls. So I need to go there. Then we have lunch with the Patil twins at the Three Broomsticks" I state.

"Sounds good, then we can just wonder around for a pit afterwards before returning to the castle" she states.

"Sounds perfect to me" I tell her with a smile. We finished breakfast and headed off. We do what we planned and as we headed to the three Broomsticks we pass Draco and two of his friends running towards the castle. Looking like they'd seen a ghost.

"I wonder what that was about" Hermione says confused.

"No idea and not our problem. We're late meeting the girls" I state. We hurry to the Three Broomsticks to see the Patil twins already have a table

"Sorry we're late" Hermione apologises.

"Our errands took longer then expected" I add.

"It's fine" Padma assures us.

"We ordered you each a butter beer" Parvati adds. We thank them as the drinks arrived. We ordered chips for the table. We make small talk before going our separate ways.

On the way back to the castle I hear a dog bark. I turn to see Snuffles. "Hey boy" I say giving him a pat.

"Who's this?" Hermione asks me curious.

"A stray I've been feeding, I call him Snuffles" I tell her. Snuffles grumbles. "It's not my fault you've rejected all the other names I've suggested" I tell him.

"Well he's handsome" Hermione states. Snuffles wags his tail happily. "It was a pleasure to meet you boy, but we gotta go" she states.

"She's right" I agree. "I'll bring you food later" I promise Snuffles. He yips and runs off. Hermione and I returned to the castle and studied before dinner.

A/N

Picture above of Hermione and Carina's necklaces.