Quidditch Final

Carina's POV

It's time for the Quidditch final, Gryffindor Vs Slytherin. Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Gryffindor are all rooting for Gryffindor to win. While Slytherin supports slytherin. But the thing is though, Gryffindor has to be 50 points ahead before Harry catches the snitch. Otherwise they win the match, but lose the Quidditch cup. Which Oliver reminded Harry of constantly.

Oh Hermione walked out of Divination and quit the class. I helped her catch up on Cheering Charms. As she missed the class. She, Ron and Harry are all talking again. I still haven't found a name Snuffles likes. Even with Hermione and George's help.

Draco keeps trying to talk to me and now studies Potions with me. Which is a little weird, but I don't read to match into it. We are cousins after-all. Though I told him up front that I was rooting for Gryffindor to win the Quidditch cup. We even made a bet on it. If Gryffindor doesn't get the cup, then I have to go to Draco's for a weekend over the Summer Holidays. However, if they do win. He promised to take me to the Quidditch World Cup over the summer. Which would be a lot of fun.

Never, in anyone's memory, had a match approached in such a highly charged atmosphere. By the time the holidays were over, tension between the two teams and their Houses was at the breaking point. A number of small scuffles broke out in the corridors, culminating in a nasty incident in which a Gryffindor fourth year and a Slytherin sixth year ended up in the hospital wing with leeks sprouting out of their ears.

Anyway back to the present. I'm sitting with Ron and Hermione as both teams came onto the quidditch pitch. "Captains, shake hands!" Madame Hooch instructs. Flint and Wood approached each other and grasped each other's hand very tightly. It looked as though each was trying to break the other's fingers through my binoculars.

"Mount your brooms!" she tells the teams and they do so. She counts down from three and blows her whistle. The teams kick off from the ground hard taking to the sky as the balls are released. And the game begins. I notice Draco sticking close to Harry and roll my eyes as I locked at the chasers.

"And it's Gryffindor in possession, Alicia Spinner of Gryffindor with the Quaffle, heading straight for the Slytherin goal posts, looking good, Alicia! Argh, no -- Quaffle intercepted by Warrington, Warrington of Slytherin tearing UP the field -- WHAM! -- nice Bludger work there by George Weasley, Warrington drops the Quaffle, it's caught by -- Johnson, Gryffindor back in possession, come on, Angelina -- nice swerve around Montague -- duck, Angelina, that's a Bludger!" Lee announces as Angelina dodged it. Heading straight for the slytherin goal posts. "SHE SCORES! TEN-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!" he shouts.

Angelina punched the air as she soared around the end of the field; the sea of scarlet below was screaming its delight. Along with a sea of blue and yellow. "Ouch!" Angelina shouts in pain as Flint rammed into her.

"Sorry, didn't see her!" he lies as the crowd boos him. A moment later, Fred Weasley chucked his Beater's club at the back of Flint's head. Flint's nose smashed into the handle of his broom and began to bleed.

Madame Hooch blows her whistle flying in between the pair. "That will do!" she declares. "Penalty shot to Gryffindor for an unprovoked attack on their Chaser! Penalty shot to Slytherin for deliberate damage to their Chaser!" she announces.

"Come off it, Miss!" Fred whines. But Madam Hooch blew her whistle and Alicia flew forward to take the penalty.

"Come on, Alicia!" we shout.

"YES! SHE'S BEATEN THE KEEPER! TWENTY-ZERO TO GRYFFINDOR!" Lee shouts. We all cheer except for Slytherin. I notice Harry turned the Firebolt sharply to watch Flint. Who is still bleeding freely, as he flew forward to take the Slytherin penalty. Oliver was hovering in front of the Gryffindor goal posts, his jaw clenched.

"'Course, Wood's a superb Keeper!" Lee tells us. As Flint waited for Hooch's whistle. "Superb! Very difficult to pass -- very difficult indeed -- YES! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! HE'S SAVED IT!" Lee shouts. I notice Harry return to his search for the snitch. He had to keep Draco from getting it.

(Time skip)

Not much has happened, other then a lot of cheating on the slytherin side. Gryffindor is leading by eighty Points to twenty. As Harry raced after Draco who had spotted the snitch. Harry urged the Firebolt downward, but Malfoy was miles ahead. Bu Harry is gaining quickly no his firebolt.

Harry flattened himself to the broom handle as Bole sent a Bludger at him -- he was at Malfoy's ankles -- he was level. Harry threw himself forward, took both hands off his broom. He knocked Malfoy's arm out of the way and close his hand around the snitch. "Yes!" he cheers as he pulled out of his dive. His hand in the air, and the stadium exploded.

Gryffindor had won. Not only did they defeat Slytherin and win the match. They had won the quidditch cup. For the first time since 1986, when Charlie Weasley was Gryffindor's seeker. Oliver hugged Harry midair around the neck sobbing into his shoulder. Fred and George thumped him on the back. While the three chasers chanted "We've won the Cup! We've won the Cup!"

Tangled together in a many-armed hug, the Gryffindor team sank, yelling hoarsely, back to earth. To meet by their fellow house mates. They were hoisted onto the shoulders of the crowd. Professor McGonagall cried tears of joy as Dumbledore handed her the quidditch cup. She past his to Oliver, who past it to Harry. Who lifted it into the air above him as the crowd cheers louder.

A/N

Picture above of Harry holding the Quidditch cup and picture on the external link of the cup.