Equality of Tragedy

Start from the beginning

I drop my head to rest it against my knees.

"You showed me that I deserve to be loved just as much as anyone. You saw past the things I've done and saw the person I was, the person I could be."

"Faith..."

"Ever since I realized that I've done whatever I could to become the person you saw in me. A person you deserve to be with."

I look up at her.

"But it's me who doesn't deserve you. I'm the horrible one in this relationship."

I look away from her.

"You're not..."

She turns my head to look her in the eyes.

"You're not a horrible person B. You've done a lot for me and for your friends. More than that you stood up to them for me when you shouldn't have, when you had no reason to."

I take her hand from my cheek and hold it between us.

"I couldn't let them judge you until they saw the real you."

She inches closer and wipes the tears from my eyes.

"That's not something a horrible person would do. That's something a hero would do."

A hero?

"I'm not a hero Faith."

She kisses me sweet and simply.

"Yes, you are. You're my hero B."

I try and look away but she holds me firm.

"Do I even have to remind you what you did for me? You died for me. You gave up your life to save my own and I will always be grateful to you for that."

She kisses me, a little deeper this time.

"You're just as good a person as I am, and I don't want you to ever forget that."

She's right. She's a really good person.

I kiss her back deeply and passionately.

"Thank you..."

She kisses me again and my tears stop. I lean back on the bed as we start to make out. Our bodies press together and I reach my hands up into her hair. I moan into our kiss as her hand slides it's way to my breast until... the door flies open letting the rest of the world in, and Dawn. She runs into the room and starts jumping on the bed.

"It's morning time you lazy sluts get out of bed or I'll kick both your butts!"

We stop making out and Faith rolls off me so we can look at Dawn.

The bed's not supposed to shake till later.

Faith raises her voice.

"Dawn, go away!"

"Why?"

"Because we want you to?"

She jumps up and down a little harder.

"Not good enough."

Faith looks at me and then sits up. Her voice gets louder.

"Dawn what did we tell you about bursting into our room without knocking?"

She stops bouncing up and down and looks at Faith kinda funny.

"Try and cut back a little?"

I sit up too.

"I'm pretty sure we told you to cut it out. You do remember what happened last time you did that don't you?"

She drops down to her knees on the bed and puts her hand on her cheek.