Twęłvē

Loki looked around him and saw nothing. There were no colors, no emotions. It was just empty.

The only thing he saw was a white speck. It started off small but got bigger as Loki moved towards it.

The closer he got, the more unreachable it seemed. His walk quickly emerged into a sprint, he really just wanted to end this sooner rather than later.

As Loki ran, the world around him faded into colors. The blues of life were back and the visible red of his blood was the only comforting thing here.

The light was nowhere to be seen, proving to Loki that he most definitely was alive. He had failed.

He couldn't do anything right, not even die.

As his world came back, the pain returned with it. His vision was blurred but he tried to figure out where he was. He was laying on a bed in the medical room of the palace.

The room was dark without the sun to light it up, seeing as the curtains were shut. No nurses were present but there were people there.

They seemed to both have golden hair. They weren't awake, Loki could hear the steady breathing. Loki figured the Asgardians were his brother and his mother.

His vision slowly returned, his arms numbing. The numbness was both comforting and horrifying.

He didn't know if he was really there. He doesn't know if he died or if he was still alive.

Desperate, Loki attempted to get up, instantly gasping when a shooting pain transferred through every part of him.

He went perfectly still, hoping he didn't wake his family up. Unfortunately for Loki, things never go his way. They heard and woke up.

Loki's vision had returned in full, allowing him to see the expressions of his mother and brother. They seemed to be a mixture of worried, confused, and upset.

The boy almost felt guilty for a moment, he had let them down. Tears pricked his eyes as Loki looked away, not wanting to face his family.

They remained silent for a while, softly crying. The silence wasn't peaceful, the air felt like more of a smog and no one was comfortable.

Thor was the first to make a move. His brother had tried to make himself disappear, he couldn't let him think that he was okay with that.

He walked up to him and put his hand on his brother's much smaller boney one. Loki's head shot up, his red bloodshot eyes making direct eye contact with his brother's eyes in the same condition.

"I'm sorry" he croaked out, instantly hating his voice. The boy felt so small in this moment. Everything around him was perfect, he ruined it all by even breathing near it.

He was a disease, something to be erased but just can't seem to leave. You can try to ignore it, but you're still miserable knowing it's there.

His hateful thoughts were interrupted by a pair of arms wrapping around him. It was a very awkward position, but it worked.

Loki's mind went blank as Thor pulled back and spoke to him.

"Please don't scare me like that ever again. Please."  Thor pleaded as Frigga sobbed, staring out the window.

Loki looked straightforward, seemingly emotionless and unresponsive. Thor had to go further.

"Brother, I want you to promise me that you won't-" he took in a sharp breath "that you won't do that again."

"Promise me" Thor begged, tears falling onto Loki's hand, making the boy feel so guilty.

"Please" The tears came by the thousand, making Loki feeling guiltier with every one of them. He felt like he was getting smaller and smaller in that bed.

"Alright, I promise."