The Second Mission: Dance of Romantic Deceit

Start from the beginning

"Emerald. I hear them coming. Make sure they cannot see us or this file." Cinder ordered as Emerald nodded. However, as Emerald turned to use her semblance, she was greeted by a gunshot past her head.

"I knew I saw someone!" Ruby Rose's chipper voice cried out as she wielded her scythe in sniper mode. "Stop what you're doing and come with me!"

"Oh dear..." Cinder said smirking as she turned to meet Ruby's gaze. She took a look back at the monitor to see it just starting to de-encrypt the password and the data for download. It was reaching the fire wall and the virus was just about to finish. "It seems you've arrived a bit too early..."

"What are you doing in here?!" Ruby said as she stumbled forward in her heels. "Gah, stupid lady stilts!"

"Miss Rose!" Two huntsman came from behind Ruby as they each stood in front of her. "Thank you for the heads up, we will take care of it from here. Ironwoods is on his way over here now so we only need to detain these suspects."

"W-Wait, but I can still fight!" Ruby protested. Before the huntsman could shoo her away, a flurry of arrows rained down upon them as two metal doors slammed in the doorways to the CCT. Ruby and one of the huntsman dodged, but the other one was immediately impaled in the head by a glass arrow.

"No!" Ruby cried out in sorrow before the other huntsman grabbed her and used a shield to block an arrow aimed for her head. Before either of them could respond to another attack, the disguised Emerald was already on them in an instant.

The huntsman blocked her dual sickles before his shield turned into a shotgun and he blasted her at point blank range. Emerald was shot back as she slid on the ground before readying herself again. Her aura healed her wound as she locked eyes with the huntsman behind the mask.

"Buttercup, you'll be taking the huntsman...I'll deal with the little reaper." Cinder cooed our as Emerald nodded before rushing the huntsman again. His shotgun transformed back into a shield as he took a sword out and they both began to engage the other. Cinder looked toward Ruby who stared at Cinder with angry eyes.

"I'm going to stop you whether you like it or not!" Ruby kicked off her heels before rushing Cinder with her semblance. Cinder smirked as she dodged flawlessly and fired another arrow at Ruby. Ruby spun herself in the air before slicing the arrow in half and launching herself towards Cinder. Without a moment's notice Cinder's eyes widened as she barely missed Ruby's attack and landed back on the ground.

"Interesting...you've gotten stronger." Cinder murmured as Ruby rushed her again.

"Hyah!" Ruby swung her scythe around and clashed with Cinder, who summoned swords in place of her bow and slammed them into Ruby's scythe. The pair were locked into a clash of blades as Ruby narrowed her eyes at the masked Cinder.

"You're angry...good." Cinder said sinisterly. She kicked Ruby in the gut and was on her like a lion as she used a flurry of slashes against Ruby. The reaper barely had enough time to dodge before Cinder had hit her with one of her swords. Ruby cried out as she was pushed back before she grit her teeth and transitioned back into sniper mode as she propelled herself forward with the force. She collided with a surprised Cinder before she kneed the villain the face. Cinder pushed her away and summoned her bow again before shooting an arrow at Ruby, who just swatted it away with her scythe.

"Color me surprised." Cinder said amused. She wiped her nose that had blood trickling down from Ruby's knee to the face as Ruby had a cut on her shoulder that was bleeding, but was healed by her aura. The pair locked eyes before Ruby felt her body telling her to move. She saw a glimpse of the other dead huntsman as she realized what or rather who had just appeared behind her.