chapter thirty-five ♛

aliyah-right now, i was sitting in my fourth period

aliyah-
right now, i was sitting in my fourth period. it was pre-calc with kairi. he didn't talk to me much, he knew i was in a mood.

i let the class roll by, alejandro not leaving my mind. we hadn't talked, and we don't have that class today because there's an assembly, but i was going to go home instead.

"hey, how are you getting home?" i asked kairi as the bell rang.

"my feet.. but the boys are coming over." he said as we walked out of the class room.

"okay i'll see you later." i said as i walked to my locker. no alejandro in sight.

i let out a sigh as i got my books out. my phone went off a few times, it was natalie. she told me to meet her in the math wing bathroom, which was right by my locker.

i walked into the bathroom and saw natalie sitting on the heater.

"alejandro didn't cheat on you!" she said the second i walked into the bathroom.

"i know natalie." i rolled my eyes.

"and mattia and alvaro did nothing wrong!" she said.

"okay natalie. i'm really not in the mood right now." i said and turned to walk back out of the bathroom.

"cool! walk away! that's what you're best at!" she called after me.

i decided i was gonna go home now, and skip the rest of the day. i went to my locker and put all my books away and slammed it shut.

then, i made my way out of the school. not before bumping into someone, and dropping everything i had in my hands.

i didn't even pay attention to who it was, i reached down to grab my phone. it was shattered.

"oh my god i'm so sorry i really didn't even see you." the person said. it was ale. i looked up at him from the ground, to his eyes.

"i'm going home." i said, picking up all of my things and pushing past him. i heard his feet, following me.

i turned around, "alejandro please. i just wanna go home.". there were tears forming in my eyes. i wasn't sad i was just overwhelmed.

"i'm not letting you walk home alone." he said, reaching for my hand. i didn't take it, but i let him walk with me.

the walk was silent. all you could hear was our teeth chattering due to the cold weather. i hated it.