chapter twenty-nine ♛

aliyah-
i woke up the next morning to loud music playing from downstairs. i was kinda vibing to it though.

i took a picture in the huge mirror in my 'room' and posted on instagram.

@aliyahcosentino : goodmornin'@kairi_cosentino : clean ya room @mattiapolibio : deadass bruh make ur bed@ig

@kairi_cosentino : clean ya room
@mattiapolibio : deadass bruh make ur bed
@ig.alvaro : u pop!
@alejandrosario : mamas😍
-
i walked downstairs. my dad lived in a huge house, right by the beach. it was crazy.

"hey" i smiled to my dad, kairi, and kehlani sitting at the table.

"goodmorning aliyah, what kind of smoothie do you like?" kehlani asked me and got up quickly. she was a really nice, and pretty lady but she was nothing compared to my mom.

"strawberry banana?" i smiled and sat down, "thank you!"

i grabbed a pancake and some bacon and started eating.

"so about yesterday. i didn't want you guys to find out that way, you know that right?" my dad looked at me and my brother.

"i mean i guess. you shouldn't have brought mom out here to tell her. we would've came on our own if you would've just said something on the phone." kairi shrugged.

"that's why you want us to move out here? isn't it??" i said, with a little attitude.

"yes, it is. i want you guys to experience it. get out of new jersey, ya know?" my dad tried to clear it all up.

"i wanna get out of jersey, i do. but not when i'm 16. you're not even gonna come home for christmas are you?" i said with more attitude this time.

"lia, lia, calm down honey. negative energy is not a good look." kehlani said to me as she placed my smoothie down.

"my name isn't lia." i scoffed and went to go back upstairs.

"aliyah wait!" kairi said but i just kept walking.

once i got back to my room i texted my mom to make sure she's okay. she said she was okay, and that she's been away from him enough to move on.

i also texted alejandro, but then he started facetiming me.

"hey baby." he smiled into the phone.

"hi" i gave a little smile back.

"i'm sorry, about everything." he said.

"it's not your fault. i seen it coming ya know? just like the way he did it, he's kind of being an asshole about it. and the bitch called me lia! who the fuck is lia??"